Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOck 5 " the offense mock"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

MOck 5 " the offense mock"

Thinking behind this mock is that our offense has been our strength the past few years and carried the team. I think they might go all out on offense and deal with Defense next year, too much turnover on offense last year.

After all these years of searching and drafting "the killer Bs" compliments, we found them in 2017 with Connor and JuJu. Now the "Bs are gone, and have to search for Conners' and JuJu's complementary pieces. In addition, we lost JJ. I think JJ was just as an important piece to the offense, maybe more than we give credit to. He needs to be replaced, or if you follow my posts, you know that I want an upgrade over McDonald and have him as our #2 TE.

1.20) Hockenson TE-#1 TE
    2.52) Layne CB , can push Nelson and maybe push Hilton in the slot, I was also thinking a multiplayer S/CB- Hooker, Savage
    3.66) Isabella WR- plays slot and can move JuJu outside with Moncrief and Washington.
    3.83) Boykin - can play outside with Moncrief, Washington and allow JuJu to play big slot.
    4.122) Moreau TE -#3TE
    5.175) Sanders RB- can be #3 RB
    6) Gilbert ILB- small school akron, smaller player, fast, project, can he be the dimebacker learn from Barron
    6) Gary Johnson OLB
    6)
    7)
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

George, I understand what your trying to do. But would you want to devote that much of the draft to the offense?
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 04-09-2019 at 09:14 PM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

sorry, but we're not drafting 2 TEs in the first 4 rounds.

much rather see us pick a S, DL, or OL...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    sorry, but we're not drafting 2 TEs in the first 4 rounds.

much rather see us pick a S, DL, or OL...
    That is why it is called the "offense mock" based primarily to make our O equal or better than last year. Hockenson isn't goignt to slide to us anyways. Just pointing out how we could go in so many directions.

If we don't get a sure shot ILB, there is no way he is going to start over vets Barron, Bostic, VW. Same can be said of DL ( Tuit, Hargrave, Heywar), CB ( Haden, Hilton, Nelson), OLB( Watt, Dupree), and SS/FS( Edmunds, Davis) maybe only dimebacker/hyrbid 3rd safety is open. Maybe we draft for the future 2020.

Where as on offense they should contribute faster.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Okay... I see where your coming from George. I would be highly upset if we drafted that much to offense. For us to get to where we want to ultimately be, it’s time to make our defense the primary focus. Tough decisions to be made on defense? No doubt but they have to be made regardless.

On offense, We definitely need to add a TE and we need to add an O-line prospect because guys are in their 30’s or contracts are about to expire. Would also like to add a rb as well. Contrary to most, I don’t feel the need to have to add a Wr from the draft.

But all that is based on us keeping all ten of our draft picks.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I call this the "Offensive Mock" b/c I find it Offensive!! LoL
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

If we only had ten more picks , then we could dedicate ten to offense and ten to defense.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

George, it looks like the tribe has spoken on this mock. In the words of Kevin O'Leary "take this mock out behind the barn and shoot it".

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Contrary to most, I donít feel the need to have to add a Wr from the draft.
    I guarantee the Steelers will be drafting at least one WR in this upcoming draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I guarantee the Steelers will be drafting at least one WR in this upcoming draft.
    Your probably right; I was just voicing my preference. But if they didn't , I wouldn't be disappointed about it. Because with so many WR drafted, a lot will be released in the next wave of free agency.