Thread: 1st round grades

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

1st round grades

I keep reading and hearing,that is draft might not have that many 1st round graded players ( 13-20 players with 1st round grades). So whoever we draft might not truely be a 1st round talent.

Some say it is a deep draft, does this mean that the 2nd round graded player run deep all the way to the 3rd or 4th round?

Is this why I keep on wishing we can gain more picks in the 2nd or 3rd?

Who comes up with this rating?

your thoughts ladies...
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I keep reading and hearing,that is draft might not have that many 1st round graded players ( 13-20 players with 1st round grades). So whoever we draft might not truely be a 1st round talent.

Some say it is a deep draft, does this mean that the 2nd round graded player run deep all the way to the 3rd or 4th round?

your thoughts ladies...
    Very True - I said on another Post that the bottom 1/3 of the 1st Round isn't very impressive unless someone falls out of the Top 20 - that would most likely be an EDGE/DT

Why i'd consider trading DOWN and looking at an Irv Smith (TE), BAKER (CB), WILSON (ILB)
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

If Colbert sees it that way and does just that then it’s fine with me.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Starter

User Info Menu

Every mock is different from the talking heads...One player here l haven't heard talked about...Clelin Ferrell...Not many, But a few mocks have him available to us when picking, But none picking him...How good is he? Could we use him now in our scheme as currently constructed? IF we did domething like this, Tuitt replacement instead of big money for ehhhh production...

Thoughts
    Last edited by Disco1981; 04-10-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Every mock is different from the talking heads...One player here l haven't heard talked about...Clelin Ferrell...Not many, But a few mosks have him available to us when picking, But none picking him...How good is he? Could we use him now in our scheme as currently constructed? IF we did domething like this, Tuitt replacement instead of big money for ehhhh production...

Thoughts
    Ferrell's body type doesn't seem to be suited for a 3-4 DE like Stephon Tuitt or a 3-4 OLB like Bud Dupree either.

Ferrell seems like the prototypical 4-3 DE to me.
    Trade 1.20, 2.52, & 2020 3rd for 1.8 or 1.9

1.8 or 1.9 ILB Devin White
    3.66 OLB Chase Winovich
    3.83 S Amani Hooker
    4.122 TE Dawson Knox
    5.141 CB Kris Boyd
    6.175 WR Keelan Doss
    6.192 G Beau Benzschawel
    6.207 RB Kerrith Whyte
    7.219 DE Armon Watts

or

1.20 CB Byron Murphy
    2.52 OLB D'Andre Walker
    3.66 S Darnell Savage
    3.83 WR Miles Boykin
    4.122 ILB David Long
    5.141 C/G Ross Pierschbacher
    6.175 TE Kahele Warring
    6.192 NT Daylon Mack
    6.207 RB Devine Ozigbo
    7.219 DE Albert Huggins

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Ferrell's body type doesn't seem to be suited for a 3-4 DE like Stephon Tuitt or a 3-4 OLB like Bud Dupree either.

Ferrell seems like the prototypical 4-3 DE to me.
    Okay Ovi, Ruthless teed the ball up for you.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post

your thoughts ladies...
    It's all subjective. I just googled "2019 NFL draft first round draft grades and the first thing that popped up is Charles Davis who has 31 players with a first round grade.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001025582/article/2019-nfl-draft-ranking-players-who-deserve-firstround-grade

I'm no college expert so I just watch and wait. There are so many factors involved, many of which we get no insight into. There are only 32 rankings that matter and we will never see them.