Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pre-draft position outlook

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

pre-draft position outlook

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/04/steelers-pre-draft-positional-outlook/

good article, but don't agree with everything

intresting tidbits:

1) They also sent TE coach James Daniel to Iowa’s Pro Day and apparently they are very interested in Noah Fant.

2) the Steelers are making it clear that they want a guy who can play outside and move around too. All these guys have the ability to play outside and still shift inside as well. The Steelers are making it known — receiver will be addressed early.

3) dl-The Steelers might be looking at this a bit earlier than we thought initially.

4) the Steelers seem bent on making the necessary pick to fix their Mack ILB spot and give this team some athleticism in the middle, but it seems they simply will not reach if the value isn’t there.
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

good read, thanks for posting!

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks George.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    https://steelersdepot.com/2019/04/steelers-pre-draft-positional-outlook/

good article, but don't agree with everything

intresting tidbits:

1) They also sent TE coach James Daniel to Iowa’s Pro Day and apparently they are very interested in Noah Fant.

2) the Steelers are making it clear that they want a guy who can play outside and move around too. All these guys have the ability to play outside and still shift inside as well. The Steelers are making it known — receiver will be addressed early.

3) dl-The Steelers might be looking at this a bit earlier than we thought initially.

4) the Steelers seem bent on making the necessary pick to fix their Mack ILB spot and give this team some athleticism in the middle, but it seems they simply will not reach if the value isn’t there.
    It all adds up to us standing pat and not trading up
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    It all adds up to us standing pat and not trading up
    we could use one draft choice on each of the following positions: (in no particular order)

WR
    TE
    RB
    OL
    DL
    ILB
    OLB
    CB
    S

that's 9, leaving us room to double dip at one of those positions...

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah.. double dip at linebacker please!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we could use one draft choice on each of the following positions: (in no particular order)

WR
    TE
    RB
    OL
    DL
    ILB
    OLB
    CB
    S

that's 9, leaving us room to double dip at one of those positions...
    Or use that 10th pick to bring in competition at kicker or punter.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm still for getting Nauta in the fourth.
    2019 Steelers draft results
    -------------------------------------------
    Round 1- Devin Bush, ILB; Michigan
    Round 3a- Diontae Johnson, WR; Toledo
    Round 3b- Justin Layne, CB; Michigan State
    Round 4- Benny Snell Jr., RB; Kentucky
    Round 5- Zach Gentry, TE; Michigan
    Round 6a- Sutton Smith, OLB; Northern Illnois
    Round 6b- Isaiah Buggs, DT; Alabama
    Round 6c- Ulysses Gilbert III, ILB; Akron
    Round 7- Derwin Gray, OG; Maryland

Legend

User Info Menu

If we draft fant in the first (maybe the most overrated TE in recent memory) I will lose my mind.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If we draft fant in the first (maybe the most overrated TE in recent memory) I will lose my mind.
    Fant had a great Combine, running a 4.50 forty at 249 lbs is pretty impressive.