Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green Bay has us beat in the drama department

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Green Bay has us beat in the drama department

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-in-green-bay

Wow. Talk about drama. Makes the Steelers' issues look a little less daunting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good read. I was less interested in the drama and more interested in the leadership conversation. What makes a good leader? Honestly? I haven’t met many good leaders. It takes a special personality. I mean how many bosses have you truly respected? AR is a generational talent but he isn’t a leader. And that’s ok. It doesn’t always have to be the QB. But when there is a leadership void, drama will ensue. Egos previously checked run amok. That is what happened with the Steelers. Soft leadership, unchecked egos, no accountability. No one willing to check big heads.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think they beat us in the drama department (ours hasn't stopped yet with AB/Juju back and forth)... but its nice to see we aren't the only team with "Issues" lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

AB vs. Ju-Ju is no longer drama. They’re on different teams now. It’s now a rivalry. And Mr. Big Chest started it. Wonder if Gruden approves of his new star publicly belittling opposing players. If Gruden thinks he’s going to be able to handle Mr. BC he’s delusional.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sounds like the Steelers to me - The Dynasty that should have been.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Was watching NFL Network last night and Rogers was vehemently denying most of what was reported, saying the quotes were mostly from former, irrelevant players and the author was just trying to get readers.

But by many accounts, Rogers is a bit of a head-case, so I tend to believe there is/was a lot of dysfunction there.
    Last edited by Eich; 04-09-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Backup

User Info Menu

When I read that Rodgers stopped talking to his family almost 5 years ago I knew something was off with him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Sounds like the Steelers to me - The Dynasty that should have been.

You can argue back and forth over what drove the issues - whether McCarthy was over his head and a bit of an egomaniac taking extra credit for schemes or Rodgers is an overly-sensitive, petty, grudge holding douche who isn't a leader. But in the end, they should have found a way to take all that talent and win more than 1 SB. The legacy will be one of under achieving. Much like we'll look back on this period of time with Steelers and wonder how they didn't achieve more in the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

You can argue back and forth over what drove the issues - whether McCarthy was over his head and a bit of an egomaniac taking extra credit for schemes or Rodgers is an overly-sensitive, petty, grudge holding douche who isn't a leader. But in the end, they should have found a way to take all that talent and win more than 1 SB. The legacy will be one of under achieving. Much like we'll look back on this period of time with Steelers and wonder how they didn't achieve more in the playoffs.
    Great post Ghost
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

Weren’t they an on side kick recovery away from another SB?