Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Most Overrated Head Coachec

Legend

User Info Menu

But Bell then dissed them about possibly getting too much touches if he came back last year.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I have over 4 dozen Steeler fans/friends here on the west coast. And only one doesn't want Tomlin fired. All the rest want Tomlin gone.
    Welp that settles it. Between that article and the opinion of your friends Iím convinced.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Usually hurt...Hurt because he ran him into the ground...Ran him into the gound when he had a good backup in Blount ( who he never used ) and a very good one in DeAngelo, who was leading the league in rushing when Bell came back from suspension, then rotted on the bench...

Then ran Bells wheels off ( Tomlins words ) So he was hurt for the playoffs...

So basically to answer your question...Bell was injured and unavailable durirg the playoffs BECAUSE of Tomlin...

You continue to strengthen my case...
    Now that is actually a good point.

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess for me? I do think Tomlin is a good coach. I just don’t think he’s a great one. A secondary coach and DB in college who can’t develop secondary talent is the most telling for me. If Tomlin fails to make the playoffs again, I’ll be personally calling for his job. Yes we are a spoiled bunch. But to not have more SBs with three hall of fame caliber players on your O and a franchise QB is unacceptable.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Fans sometime do think irrationally. I'm not blind to that. But in Tomlin's case, there is a large sample size of items that can be used to justify what the anti-Tomin people think.
    Especially if you blame everything bad on Tomlin! 😀

Legend

User Info Menu

No my friend; you continue to excuse Tomlin from obligational failures he’s had. Like the environment of this team; that is solely the head coach’s responsibility. But you excuse it. That’s how you justify him by letting him off the hook on everything that he’s suppose to be accountable for.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I could see if we didn’t make moves to get rid of cancers on the real but we suspended Bryant then traded him. We released Blount, we released Harrison, we traded AB and we let Bell leave this year.

Wall this talk about not doing anything and letting this toxic environment exist is bogus.

You really want Tomlin to put the hammer down publicly for every minor infraction?

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin has created an environment that cultivated players like AB and Bell. Yet, we've not heard one word from Tomlin on how things are going to change going forward. He shut it down and Rooney and Colbert did all the talking during the whole AB fiasco but it is the head coach who is responsible for setting the day to day tone on and off the field. There's no escaping that for any coach in the NFL.

I just want him to address what he's going to do different in the treatment of players going forward. If he says nothing, then that leaves me to believe that he's doing the stubborn thing again (like him refusing to hire someone to help him with clock management etc.) and will act the same as always.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 04-09-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

No my friend; you continue to excuse Tomlin from obligational failures he’s had. Like the environment of this team; that is solely the head coach’s responsibility. But you excuse it. That’s how you justify him by letting him off the hook on everything that he’s suppose to be accountable for.
    Tomlin DOES bear some responsibility for the teams environment, true. Particularly Brown's attitude.

However, just as you suggest some "excuse" Tomlins faults many of you go out of your way to completely "dismiss" his accomplishments.

Judge the man on the entirety of his record. He is neither a " great" coach (as Dizz contends) nor the scrub some of you paint him to be.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-09-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Tomlin DOES bear some responsibility for the teams environment, true. Particularly Brown's attitude.

However, just as you suggest some "excuse" Tomlins faults many of you go out of your way to completely "dismiss" his accomplishments.

Judge the man on the entirety of his record and he ain't the scrub some of you paint him to be.
    I personally do not dismiss his accomplishments.

But he's playoff failings for last 8 years now overshadow his accomplishments. 9-10 wins a year and bounced out the playoffs again isn't good enough any more after 8 years of nothing with very talented teams. How many times over the last decade was this team favored to be in the Super Bowl? Or at least the AFC championship game?

I could run down his list of accomplishments and there nice. But we are not the Cardinals, Texans, Titans or Vikings. Where those things would go further with those organizations. I don't think it's unreasonable to have 8 years of very talented teams that we've had and ask that one make a Super Bowl. I just don't.

I'll say it again: The greatness of this organization is not defined by how many regular season games we win; It's defined by what we accomplish in the post season. That's a high standard I know, but it is what it is.

Same standards the Lakers and Yankees have.