Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Most Overrated Head Coachec

Starter

User Info Menu

Injuries happen. It’s an unfortunate part of football. Do we really care that’s Brady was injured one of the years when we went to a SB in 2008?

Is that Billicheats fault?

Wasn’t Willie Parker injured on year right before the playoffs? Was it due to running the wheels off of him or did he just get injured on a turf field that was known to be a terrible field for injuries?

Do we have the records we have prior to those injuries if we split carries?

Who knows.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I have over 4 dozen Steeler fans/friends here on the west coast. And only one doesn't want Tomlin fired. All the rest want Tomlin gone.

First off I seriously doubt you know 48 people in real
    life... jk

Second... you have one smart friend out of 48? Wow. Scary bunch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    First off I seriously doubt you know 48 people in real
    life... jk

Second... you have one smart friend out of 48? Wow. Scary bunch.
    don't you have a "I hate Ben" post you have to do somewhere? Hahaha. I'm very popular in the Steeler sports bars around here dude.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Starter

User Info Menu

don't you have a "I hate Ben" post you have to do somewhere? Hahaha. I'm very popular in the Steeler sports bars around here dude.
    I’m just trying to balance out the Tomlin hate post on here.

Legend

User Info Menu

I’m just trying to balance out the Tomlin hate post on here.
    I hear you; but it goes to show you that it's not just an anomaly; a lot of people don't think Tomlin is that good of a coach. And just because they feel that way doesn't make them wrong. It will all be cleared up in a matter of time.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think this is the season weíll see if Tomlin is a great head coach or just better than average with a lot of good to great players in the past. And it starts with the draft. Simply canít take a Burns or Dupree this year. Need a player. Letís see if itís a situation of addition by subtraction Ė can getting rid of the egos and drama bring cohesion to the team? Does Washington and Edmunds take a leap in year 2? Does Sean Davis become productive in his second year of a new position?

Iím excited to see what happens. They still have a lot of talented players and hopefully Ben is out to prove to the world he doesnít need AB. Probably the most scrutiny Tomlin has ever been under. Iím mostly confident he will handle it appropriately.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I think this is the season we’ll see if Tomlin is a great head coach or just better than average with a lot of good to great players in the past. And it starts with the draft. Simply can’t take a Burns or Dupree this year. Need a player. Let’s see if it’s a situation of addition by subtraction – can getting rid of the egos and drama bring cohesion to the team? Does Washington and Edmunds take a leap in year 2? Does Sean Davis become productive in his second year of a new position?

I’m excited to see what happens. They still have a lot of talented players and hopefully Ben is out to prove to the world he doesn’t need AB. Probably the most scrutiny Tomlin has ever been under. I’m mostly confident he will handle it appropriately.
    Here is the thing though...

Losing Shazier, Bell and AB and expecting us to be better is a tall order.

I expect us to play hard and be competitive but if we take a step back on offense I don’t think it means Ben sucks or Tomlin can’t coach.

I just think it could prove that coaches need talent to win. Not sure we have enough of that this year right now. I also don’t expect much from most of our players in this years draft.

Hopefully I’m wrong.

Starter

User Info Menu

I hear you; but it goes to show you that it's not just an anomaly; a lot of people don't think Tomlin is that good of a coach. And just because they feel that way doesn't make them wrong. It will all be cleared up in a matter of time.

I know half of Steeler nation wants to fire the coach AND replace Ben every year we fall short of the goal.

Those seem to be the two main fall guys for the Steelers when we don’t win a SB.

Is it realistic or just fanatics doing what they always do.... fans usually think irrationally when it comes to correcting mistakes and weaknesses of the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

I know half of Steeler nation wants to fire the coach AND replace Ben every year we fall short of the goal.

Those seem to be the two main fall guys for the Steelers when we don’t win a SB.

Is it realistic or just fanatics doing what they always do.... fans usually think irrationally when it comes to correcting mistakes and weaknesses of the team.
    Fans sometime do think irrationally. I'm not blind to that. But in Tomlin's case, there is a large sample size of items that can be used to justify what the anti-Tomin people think.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Usually hurt...Hurt because he ran him into the ground...Ran him into the gound when he had a good backup in Blount ( who he never used ) and a very good one in DeAngelo, who was leading the league in rushing when Bell came back from suspension, then rotted on the bench...

Then ran Bells wheels off ( Tomlins words ) So he was hurt for the playoffs...

So basically to answer your question...Bell was injured and unavailable durirg the playoffs BECAUSE of Tomlin...

You continue to strengthen my case...
    If you listen to Bell's own words he dissed the Steelers because he felt he wasn't getting enough Carrie's.... so there's that.