Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 5 Most Overrated Head Coachec

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    North, you and Ruth love to keep spinning the " Steel Maniac is making up stuff" stick...
    I am? How would you know? You just said yesterday that, "I don't read anything with Ruth post involved."

Again, I don't feel the need to make up stuff about anybody.
    Then why do you keep doing it?

**If it isn't true about you, why do you keep bringing it up in thread, after thread, after thread? If something wasn't true about me, I could care less.
    That's where we differ. I don't put up with people repeatedly saying something that isn't true about me. Frankly, I couldn't care less about your opinions about the Steelers. Your opinion about Tomlin doesn't matter, your opinion about the relative importance of talent vs. coaching doesn't matter, your opinion about what rounds we should take a TE in doesn't matter. It's all just opinions.

I've disagreed with a lot of people on here. Someone like squidkid comes in here, and I probably disagree with nearly 90% of what he says, but I don't feel the need to get in a pissing match with him. I state my opinion, he states his, and that's essentially all that happens. I don't expect to change his mind, and he likely wouldn't expect to change my mind. It's a discussion board. We don't twist something the other said for some lame attempt at personal gain. And if something did ever get misinterpreted in either direction, one of us could just say to the other, "Dude, I never actually said that. What I did say was [whatever]" and the other person would just acknowledge that minor error and it would pass. You know, like how adults typically behave.

I had a much-publicized rift with the owner of this board, steelz09, resulting in my steeping down from my position as a moderator on this site, but we never got personal about anything. I'm still here, he's still here, I still hold my opinions, he still holds his opinions. No big deal.

Even going back to Crash, who made a brief return appearance here earlier in the week. We disagreed about many things, Steeler-wise, but there was a time a few seasons ago where we started making plans to meet up for a bit prior to a game at Heinz Field (it ultimately never came to pass, but I was willing to meet him to shake hands and talk ball in person, and he was willing to do this as well). During my time on this board (and it's prior incarnation on the Trib's website), I've been able to meet in person more than a dozen posters from this board in person, and never had a bad experience with any of them.

You, however, are different. At first, your posting style was merely annoying, but that wasn't any major issue (believe it or not, in terms of being annoying on the board, there have been several over the years who had you beat, but one's personal posting style is never enough to ruffle my feathers to any significant degree).

The problem comes when you take an average benign opinion about something that doesn't even really matter at all (whether it's "Conner showed he can run the ball as a rookie, but I didn't see enough blocking and catching from Conner during his rookie year to be comfortable with him as our every-down bellcow RB in year 2" or "I'm not convinced that coaches are more important than players outside of NE") and twist them to something never actually said ("This Conner hater said James will never be more than a backup" or "Only talent matters; coaching doesn't matter), in order to attempt to claim some ridiculous victory somehow, and then calling those original posters the liars.

I'm here to provide information and opinions, and to get information and opinions from others. I usually have a lot of fun doing it, joking around and having a good time with Steeler brethren. I don't really care too much about winning or losing some stupid debate on a Steeler board. I acknowledged that Conner showed major strides in year 2 in the pass game in terms of protection as well as being a reliable outlet for Ben out of the backfield. I will not be silent, though, when you continually call me a liar and then start pulling the same stupid stunt on other posters on this board as well. I'm not the only one noticing this behavior, either. People here know what I'm about, and they now know what you are about as well.

I truly don't understand why you feel the need to overinflate something someone said in attempt to claim some random victory on some relatively pointless opinion that was essentially just made in passing. An example would be at the end of last season, you said that the Browns had no chance whatsoever to beat the Ravens, so our game against Cincy in week 17 was essentially meaningless. I responded by saying that the Ravens lost in the last week of the previous season when all they needed to do was win the game to make the playoffs, and they were playing a worse Cincy team at the end of the 2017 season as compared to the Cleveland team at the end of the 2018 (who went on an impressive run with Baker Mayfield under center after Hue Jackson and Todd Haley were fired in the middle of the season). I thought the Browns had a legit shot to upset the Ravens, and you gave them no chance at all. That game came down to the final drive, with the Browns in Raven territory, 1st and 10 needing another 10 yards or so to get within reasonable FG range to potentially win the game. I was at Heinz that day watching the Jumbotron intently along with the Steeler players, and it was a crazy ending to a great game. When I get home, I see you gloating excessively about your "victory" here (which resulted in the Steelers missing the playoffs by the way), which made zero sense, since you gave Cleveland no chance whatsoever, but they were a driving down the field and we a single play away from pulling off the upset victory.

Frankly, I don't care if you read this or not, if you ignore me or not, because it's likely not going to change anything about how you post. I hope it does, but I won't be holding my breath. One simple apology could erase all of it and we all could move on as adults rather than continuing to harbor some pointless petty grievance.

**throw a rock in a pack of dogs; the dog that hollers is the dog that got hit.** Stop hollering North.
    Dogs defend themselves. If you hit a dog with a rock, do you expect him to lie down in a fetal position and do nothing about it? You are the one throwing the rocks here. Throwing a rock at a dog and telling a dog to stop hollering is pointless. You better expect those dogs to come back after you bearing their teeth until you stop throwing the damn rocks anymore. I've said my piece. I'm done. Continue to ignore me or not, I'd don't care. I'll continue to post even if you want to continue to be the gnat buzzing around pretending that you don't see me.
    Trade 1.20, 2.52, & 2020 3rd for 1.8 or 1.9

1.8 or 1.9 ILB Devin White
    3.66 OLB Chase Winovich
    3.83 S Amani Hooker
    4.122 TE Dawson Knox
    5.141 CB Kris Boyd
    6.175 WR Keelan Doss
    6.192 G Beau Benzschawel
    6.207 RB Kerrith Whyte
    7.219 DE Armon Watts

or

1.20 CB Byron Murphy
    2.52 OLB D'Andre Walker
    3.66 S Darnell Savage
    3.83 WR Miles Boykin
    4.122 ILB David Long
    5.141 C/G Ross Pierschbacher
    6.175 TE Kahele Warring
    6.192 NT Daylon Mack
    6.207 RB Devine Ozigbo
    7.219 DE Albert Huggins

Legend

User Info Menu

Many people struggle admitting when they are clearly wrong. Itís ok. We still love you.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Itís obvious you care.

You also bring up these disagreements a lot.
    Not true... I comment after the fact. But continue to lie on me. Hasnít stopped you before.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.