Thread: WR draft overview

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Now I know why people on her hate you here ! LOL
    just put him on ignore

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman suspects that whoever wants DK Metcalf and misses out in the draft will instantly turn their gaze to Butler as option 2. Will be the 2nd WR off the board.
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

Fix the Run Defence Mode:

1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Chadman suspects that whoever wants DK Metcalf and misses out in the draft will instantly turn their gaze to Butler as option 2. Will be the 2nd WR off the board.
    I don't see that. You've got guys like Marquise Brown, N'Keal Harry, A.J. Brown, Parris Campbell, Deebo Samuel, etc. There is enough depth at WR that I see Butler falling into round 3.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I don't see that. You've got guys like Marquise Brown, N'Keal Harry, A.J. Brown, Parris Campbell, Deebo Samuel, etc. There is enough depth at WR that I see Butler falling into round 3.
    I could see Butler sliding down too but more because he doesn't have good hands. . Now that can be improved upon but I could see some teams looking in another direction.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I like Deebo, but he seems to me to be halfway between Juju and James Washington as a player. We have guys like that already.

I want a taller, faster guy to take the top off the defense (a more stable version of Martavis Bryant), thereby opening things up underneath (even if they don't have the greatest hands or run the crispest routes).

Hakeem Butler (6'5" 227 lbs. 4.48 40) or Miles Boykin (6'4" 220 lbs. 4.42 40) could likely be had in round 3 and would give us a different style of receiver than what we already have.
    I am 3rd round high on Boykin as well. Very intriguing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wide receiver: There aren't any "can't-miss" prospects in this group, but there is an interesting mixture of "solid" and "speculative" once you get into Rounds 2-4. D.K. Metcalf, Parris Campbell and Miles Boykin have rare traits, but require projection over tape. Hakeem Butler is big and physical, but he has loads of drops. Guys like Deebo Samuel, A.J. Brown and Marquise Brown add stability. This is a markedly better and deeper group than last year's class.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...est-to-weakest

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    I am 3rd round high on Boykin as well. Very intriguing.
    No doubt Colbert likes him; they’ve meant with him.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    No doubt Colbert likes him; they’ve meant with him.
    I have a feeling we might be calling on a lot of ND players... ( Boykin, Mack TE, Love CB)

I think he fits what we want to do, and fits right about were we should draft a WR.

The same can be said about the other 2 names mentioned.
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Look for us to go after David Sills from WVU on day 3.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...sills-nfl-news

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Look for us to go after David Sills from WVU on day 3.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...sills-nfl-news
    Wow. Nice write up. Love the due dilligence being done by our scout guys. Makes me think more then ever now that we are standing pat with all our ten picks.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN