Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Max laughs at Tomlin being on the hot seat

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Agreed. And AB apparently being the only player to sleep off campus during training camp is beyond unfair. It’s ridiculous.
    100% agree with this.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought Max Kellerman was ESPN's boxing analyst?

So now who am I supposed to trust with regard to Mike Tomlin's job security?

The boxing guy or the light-skinned freckle-faced NFL Network guy?

I think I'll use my own knowledge of the Rooney family's history to make up my own mind.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I thought Max Kellerman was ESPN's boxing analyst?

So now who am I supposed to trust with regard to Mike Tomlin's job security?

The boxing guy or the light-skinned freckle-faced NFL Network guy?

I think I'll use my own knowledge of the Rooney family's history to make up my own mind.
    C’mon bro.. let the sports media guide you. Come to the dark side!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    C’mon bro.. let the sports media guide you. Come to the dark side!!!
    hahahahaha
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sadly, everyone on the team had been trying to pacify nutcase AB for the past few years, Tomlin and Ben included. I think with the emergence of JuJu, Ben started to see the light, and decided it was time to stop catering to the diva. AB, recognizing what was happening (and also to get him some guaranteed $$$), then did what he could to force his way out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Do you think Ben is treated the same way as TJ Watt?

Ben still gets days off from practice when he isn’t injured.

We will always treat elite talent different and give them more room. Once they abuse it, that’s when I think it causes problems but it’s also when they find themselves on another team.
    I think Ben's age has more to do with his getting days off than him being an elite talent. He'll be playing as a 37 year old quarterback this season, he'll need days off from practice. The time for Ben to work is in shorts and a T-Shirt to get his timing right with new receivers. Of course, he is the franchise right now and the Steelers can ill afford to lose Ben even for one game or part of a game, see Oakland 2018.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 04-08-2019 at 07:45 PM.

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

if max watched every game, every play, every clock mismanagement, every mistake (running steven ridley on 4th and 2 vs. the saints, every idiotic coaches challenge.
    he wouldn't be laughing at that notion

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    if max watched every game, every play, every clock mismanagement, every mistake (running steven ridley on 4th and 2 vs. the saints, every idiotic coaches challenge.
    he wouldn't be laughing at that notion
    How was running Ridley a mistake? Because he fumbled?

Everyone claims we have the best OL but we can’t run for 2 yards with Ridley?

He wasn’t the only one to fumble in that game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How was running Ridley a mistake? Because he fumbled?

Everyone claims we have the best OL but we can’t run for 2 yards with Ridley?

He wasn’t the only one to fumble in that game.
    1. because he was cold and the back up

2. because he's had fumbling issues in the past

totally not surprised you're defending this move and funny you think 2 yards on 4th and 2 is a given with any OL.

keep deflecting