Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Max laughs at Tomlin being on the hot seat

Backup

User Info Menu

Max laughs at Tomlin being on the hot seat

http://www.espn.com/videohub/video/clip/_/id/26438733

Have to admit when he breaks down the numbers itís pretty laughable. We are a spoiled bunch.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Of course we're a spoiled bunch. We're a storied franchise. Our expectations are high EVERY year as they should be.

Tomlin may not be on a hot seat but he needs to make changes. Faster. The way he treated mister big chest contributed to the situation getting to where it got last season. The amount of time it took him to finally hire someone to help with challenges and time management was too long. I question if it was even his idea to do it for this season. He comes off to me as being very stubborn in his ways. But maybe he's more adaptable than we know as fans. Time will tell I guess.

I don't think the hot seat is as far away from Tomlin as you think it is. But I really hope he improves and evolves as a coach and gets us back to playoff football. The AFC north certainly isn't sitting still waiting for us to win the division.

Legend

User Info Menu

"I'll put up with you until I can replace you." - Mike Tomlin

As the Brown and Bell sagas were coming to a head, our front office was not completely unprepared or caught totally off-guard.

In 2017, when Steeler fans were BEGGING for the team to add elite talent on defense, we took T.J. Watt in round 1, but we also used our second round pick on Juju Smith-Schuster, and a third round pick on James Conner. Heir apparents to Bell and Brown on board.

In 2018, when Steeler fans were once again BEGGING for the team to add elite talent on defense, we took Terrell Edmunds in round 1, but we also used our second round pick on James Washington, and a fifth round pick on Jaylen Samuels. Inexpensive, capable depth options on hand.

Later on this month, Steeler fans will once again be BEGGING for the team to add elite talent on defense, and I'd say there's a pretty solid probability that we address the defense early on this year as well, but I think that also use maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick on another WR, and maybe a 4th or 5th round pick on another RB. Always re-stocking the cupboard.
    Trade 1.20, 2.52, & 2020 3rd for 1.8 or 1.9

1.8 or 1.9 ILB Devin White
    3.66 OLB Chase Winovich
    3.83 S Amani Hooker
    4.122 TE Dawson Knox
    5.141 CB Kris Boyd
    6.175 WR Keelan Doss
    6.192 G Beau Benzschawel
    6.207 RB Kerrith Whyte
    7.219 DE Armon Watts

or

1.20 CB Byron Murphy
    2.52 OLB D'Andre Walker
    3.66 S Darnell Savage
    3.83 WR Miles Boykin
    4.122 ILB David Long
    5.141 C/G Ross Pierschbacher
    6.175 TE Kahele Warring
    6.192 NT Daylon Mack
    6.207 RB Devine Ozigbo
    7.219 DE Albert Huggins

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    "I'll put up with you until I can replace you." - Mike Tomlin
    I can understand that philosophy but I think Tomlin let it go too far. Allowing Brown to sleep offsite during training camp is going too far IMO. No one should be above the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Think about the fact that the Steelers, including Mike Tomlin, successfully identified and drafted, not one but two players that ended up as the best at there position in the last 10 yrs!

How many other NFL teams can say that?!?
    That fact alone speaks to the quality of the organization.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I can understand that philosophy but I think Tomlin let it go too far. Allowing Brown to sleep offsite during training camp is going too far IMO. No one should be above the team.
    Do you think Ben is treated the same way as TJ Watt?

Ben still gets days off from practice when he isn’t injured.

We will always treat elite talent different and give them more room. Once they abuse it, that’s when I think it causes problems but it’s also when they find themselves on another team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    http://www.espn.com/videohub/video/clip/_/id/26438733

Have to admit when he breaks down the numbers itís pretty laughable. We are a spoiled bunch.
    Sort of puts the invented faults Tomlin's haters recycle in thread after thread in perspective doesn't it????

Legend

User Info Menu

Max also says that Giannis would be the greatest player ever if he could hit the 3 point shot.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=26447565

Max says a lot of things
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 04-05-2019 at 04:07 PM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Max also says that Giannis would be the greatest player ever if he could hit the 3 point shot.

blob:http://www.espn.com/7294eadd-ab...7-1d81e05da7ce

Max says a lot of things
    Thank you for proving my point.

Reporters, commentators and talking heads say a lot of stuff.

Doesn’t mean their words are factual all the time.

The Greek Freak would be damn near unstoppable if he had a 3 point shot. That dude is serious.

Your link is broken.
    Last edited by Oh wow; 04-05-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    blob:http://www.espn.com/b8f118b7-86...6-95f732dbffca

Sorry about the link; let me see if this works then.
    Still broken

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.