Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Switzer: I was in a bad place mentally

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Switzer is probably a good guy but he talks like your stereotypical Millennial. If you’re in your 20’s and you’re pulling in 6-7 figures a year then your problems are more dramatic in nature than they are real world adult issues.
    Well, he does have a tattoo on the inside of his lower lip.
    That seems like a pretty Millenial thing to do.
    I don't know too many Baby Boomers with inner lip tattoos.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

If you don't add anyone, you have to think the top 3 WRs are JuJu, Moncrief and hopefully Washington. The first two are solid. I think I'd keep Switzer over Eli Rogers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    A year ago we THOUGHT Brown was on top of the world in Pittsburgh. He wasn't. He's all about himself and money. I Honestly don't think he cares about winning a super bowl. He just wants personal statistics to hold up his ego and get him to the Hall of Fame. And more than that, he wants money. More than anyone else at his position.
    On February 27, 2017, Brown signed a new five-year contract with the Steelers through the 2021 season. The contract is a four-year extension worth $68 million ($19 million guaranteed at signing) with a $17 million annual price tag, making Brown the highest paid wide receiver in the NFL.

Plus, he was in the midst of 6 consecutive seasons with over 100 catches for over 1250 yards.

So he got paid, he was getting his beloved personal statistics, and therefore he was on top of the world in Pittsburgh a year ago.

Then when the guaranteed money ran out and another WR was putting up comparable stats and getting the praise he thought only he deserved, he weaseled his way out and landed in a worse situation overall (but got more guaranteed money and should get a greater percentage of his new QB's attention, which is ultimately what he craves).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    On February 27, 2017, Brown signed a new five-year contract with the Steelers through the 2021 season. The contract is a four-year extension worth $68 million ($19 million guaranteed at signing) with a $17 million annual price tag, making Brown the highest paid wide receiver in the NFL.

Plus, he was in the midst of 6 consecutive seasons with over 100 catches for over 1250 yards.

So he got paid, he was getting his beloved personal statistics, and therefore he was on top of the world in Pittsburgh a year ago.

Then when the guaranteed money ran out and another WR was putting up comparable stats and getting the praise he thought only he deserved, he weaseled his way out and landed in a worse situation overall (but got more guaranteed money and should get a greater percentage of his new QB's attention, which is ultimately what he craves).
    He is a scumbag and I hope his career ends in the Raiders black hole in disgrace and as a broken man who can never recapture the accomplishments he had in Pittsburgh. Hope the cockroach gets squashed this year if for no other reason than he emboldened the Steelers hating cockroaches on this site to make us endure two months of non-stop team hate posts with the now Raider cockroach and his lies as the genesis.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 04-02-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If you don't add anyone, you have to think the top 3 WRs are JuJu, Moncrief and hopefully Washington. The first two are solid. I think I'd keep Switzer over Eli Rogers.
    We should keep all 5 of those guys you listed, plus probably add a rookie wideout somewhat early on in the draft as well.

I think you could have Moncrief and Washington battling to be the starting split end.
    Those two give you a starter and a backup at the X.

I think you could have Switzer and Rogers battling to be the primary slot receiver.
    Those two give you a starter and a backup at the Y.

I think you'll have Juju as your starting flanker and then draft another guy who will start out as his immediate backup.
    Those two give you a starter and a backup at the Z.

Legend

User Info Menu

We should keep all 5 of those guys you listed, plus probably add a rookie wideout somewhat early on in the draft as well.

I think you could have Moncrief and Washington battling to be the starting split end.
    Those two give you a starter and a backup at the X.

I think you could have Switzer and Rogers battling to be the primary slot receiver.
    Those two give you a starter and a backup at the Y.

I think you'll have Juju as your starting flanker and then draft another guy who will start out as his immediate backup.
    Those two give you a starter and a backup at the Z.
    Thoughts on Deebo Samuel as a rookie WR? I also like your Butler mock pick

I absolutely love K'Neal Harry but likely gone too early for us to get

Legend

User Info Menu

Thoughts on Deebo Samuel as a rookie WR? I also like your Butler mock pick

I absolutely love K'Neal Harry but likely gone too early for us to get
    I like Deebo as a player, but I think he's a little bit too similar to guys we already have.

I see his game as being somewhat of a mish-mosh between Juju and James Washington.

I think we look for a different style of receiver than what we already have...tall, fast...like a Miles Boykin or a Hakeem Butler. N'Keal would qualify as this type as well, but, yeah...he'll likely be off the board in late 1 or early 2.

Legend

User Info Menu

He is a scumbag and I hope his career ends in the Raiders black hole in disgrace and as a broken man who can never recapture the accomplishments he had in Pittsburgh. Hope the cockroach gets squashed this year if for no other reason than he emboldened the Steelers hating cockroaches on this site to make us endure two months of non-stop team hate posts with the now Raider cockroach and his lies as the genesis.
    Would it be safe to say that it would be unwise for AB to be in the same Florida town as Oviedo and crossing the street while Oviedo is driving down that street?
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Oviedo must have been hit in the head by that flying Florida furniture.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, he does have a tattoo on the inside of his lower lip.
    That seems like a pretty Millenial thing to do.
    I don't know too many Baby Boomers with inner lip tattoos.
    Inner lip tatoos? On dudes?
    Personally, I have no idea how common they are with ANY generation.

But I'll take YOUR word on it.