Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Switzer: I was in a bad place mentally

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't figure we will use Juju in the slot much... but I do agree we are set at that position with those 2 and potentially Washington.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Switzer is probably a good guy but he talks like your stereotypical Millennial. If youre in your 20s and youre pulling in 6-7 figures a year then your problems are more dramatic in nature than they are real world adult issues.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    A year ago, Antonio Brown was on top of the world in Pittsburgh and Ryan Switzer was in a miserable limbo between Dallas and Oakland.

Now Switzer is enjoying life in Pittsburgh, and AB will soon find out that the grass is brown and rotting on the other side.

Which is the better situation for an undersized possession receiver and jitterbug return man? I foresee an increased role and additional success as Switzer remains in the same place for the second consecutive season in a quality offensive system, while it will take some time for AB to get used to playing in an inferior system where he will have to learn how to get used to losing. Karma, beeyotch.
    Good to know Im not the only one who likes Switzer. I think the guy has some real talent. I think he will only get better for us. Training camp should be an interesting battle in the slot this season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Switzer is probably a good guy but he talks like your stereotypical Millennial. If you’re in your 20’s and you’re pulling in 6-7 figures a year then your problems are more dramatic in nature than they are real world adult issues.
    Seemed pretty real world to me. And I’m not a millennial.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Switzer sure does say the right things to get fans on board. Loved his effort on the field, Chadman thinks hes a good fit.
    Oh yes, while Im sure its authentic. It was also carefully crafted. Its actually a savvy move for a bubble player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Oh yes, while I’m sure it’s authentic. It was also carefully crafted. It’s actually a savvy move for a bubble player.
    They say millennials are not suppose to be that savvy.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    A year ago, Antonio Brown was on top of the world in Pittsburgh and Ryan Switzer was in a miserable limbo between Dallas and Oakland.
    A year ago we THOUGHT Brown was on top of the world in Pittsburgh. He wasn't. He's all about himself and money. I Honestly don't think he cares about winning a super bowl. He just wants personal statistics to hold up his ego and get him to the Hall of Fame. And more than that, he wants money. More than anyone else at his position.

Starter

User Info Menu

Loved this story. This kid used to kill Pitt when he was
    at UNC.

Hopefully he can make an impact in the punt return game this year.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Oh yes, while I’m sure it’s authentic. It was also carefully crafted. It’s actually a savvy move for a bubble player.
    I guess but I doubt he is on the bubble. Who is going to return punts this year?

I think it’s just a kid who was traded twice and finally feels like he has found a spot and I think he will be here for a few.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

SWITZER makes me nervous out there - maybe b/c he was on the field A LOT right off the start and he looks like he's 14 yrs old??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!