Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 117

Thread: Roethlisberger Nixing His Radio Show

  1. #81
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Ehhh... deflategate was huge.

    The Brady guru doctor was a big story

    The killer TAe was a huge story.

    Kraft isn’t a victim to anyone but a chosen few who probably use those services as well.

    Nah.. I don’t buy it. The only difference is they keep winning in spite of the drama.

    Since we haven’t won a SB in a while folks love to use our “drama” as the reason why but it’s not the drama. We just haven’t won a SB because it’s hard to do.
    Deflategate was huge; and who came out smelling like a rose despite the text messages? That's my point.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  2. #82
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Easy to make that assumption when after weeks you ONLY lay responsibility on the others and everyone is lying about Ben.
    So here is your chance to be clear.
    Tell the audience that Ben was part of the problem with the team dynamic instead of defending his every action.



    Assumptions? READ WHAT I WRITE my friend.
    Unlike you I am clear.
    I CLEARLY AND DELIBERATELY SAID "MOST" former players with the SINGULAR exception of Harrison in mind.

    But even HE said that FOR HIM Ben was a good leader while AT THE SAME TIME acknowleging that for OTHER PLAYERS that might not be the case because HIS relationship with Ben was different. He clearly said Ben treated some players differently than others, mentioning the oline specifically (any wonder THEY have Ben's back) as ones Ben was good to.





    Such Black and Gold lenses.
    BOTH Brady AND Kraft got plenty of media heat for their transgressions.

    How fans react are based on their own feelings about the players and teams.
    That is disproportionaely shaped by what a player says into a mic.

    Ben and Lebron both would be more beloved if the said less of their honest opinions into mics
    Black & Gold lenses??!!
    Shock & intrigue!!!
    Are you saying that Steel Maniac is showing favoritism towards the Steelers????? Well, ..that's going against the narrative of this website that I would show favoritism towards the Steelers. LMFAO!! Supposedly I'm the guy who says nothing but bad stuff about the Steelers.

    Cap,,you need to be careful because what your saying doesn't fit the narrative and you KNOW what that means around here.

    But seriously...i guess the part about how much heat they get is up for interpretation. But it seems to me that Brady and now Kraft get passes.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  3. #83
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Black & Gold lenses??!!
    Shock & intrigue!!!
    Are you saying that Steel Maniac is showing favoritism towards the Steelers????? Well, ..that's going against the narrative of this website that I would show favoritism towards the Steelers. LMFAO!! Supposedly I'm the guy who says nothing but bad stuff about the Steelers.

    Cap,,you need to be careful because what your saying doesn't fit the narrative and you KNOW what that means around here.

    But seriously...i guess the part about how much heat they get is up for interpretation. But it seems to me that Brady and now Kraft get passes.
    Funny you bring this up.
    Do you know why I can argue with EVERYBODY HERE with vigor (and I dont consistently agree with ANYBODY) to the point that when you first showed up you thought I was being "mean" to another member (who subsequently defended my meaness)?

    I dont think people are out to get me. I get into "heated" arguments all the time yet dont take things personally.

    I argue with Dizz with a "nastiness" that I reserve for him because we know it aint personal.

    The same "agenda" thinking here is how you look at poor Ben.

    Ben gets criticized because of how he comes off when he opens his mouth. He has done dumb things in the past with girls (exposing him to accustions) that shapes peoples view.
    He HAS DONE THINGS that alienate him from many teammates.

    As far as the accusation of a deliberate fumble?
    Do you think if it was not common knowledge that Bens desire to be rid of Haley that the accusation would carry the weight it does?

    Heck "I" dont know if it was on purpose or not.
    Do I honestly think it is not possible because I have the impression Ben is above that? No.

    Ben is why people give any creedance to the accusation at all.

    It aint no conspiracy.

  4. #84
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Funny you bring this up.
    Do you know why I can argue with EVERYBODY HERE with vigor (and I dont consistently agree with ANYBODY) to the point that when you first showed up you thought I was being "mean" to another member (who subsequently defended my meaness)?

    I dont think people are out to get me. I get into "heated" arguments all the time yet dont take things personally.

    I argue with Dizz with a "nastiness" that I reserve for him because we know it aint personal.

    The same "agenda" thinking here is how you look at poor Ben.

    Ben gets criticized because of how he comes off when he opens his mouth. He has done dumb things in the past with girls (exposing him to accustions) that shapes peoples view.
    He HAS DONE THINGS that alienate him from many teammates.

    As far as the accusation of a deliberate fumble?
    Do you think if it was not common knowledge that Bens desire to be rid of Haley that the accusation would carry the weight it does?

    Heck "I" dont know if it was on purpose or not.
    Do I honestly think it is not possible because I have the impression Ben is above that? No.

    Ben is why people give any creedance to the accusation at all.

    It aint no conspiracy.
    Oh i agree that there are reasons people that way they do. Ben's dislike of Haley was real. But to assume he fumbled to spite him, just because he didn't like him? Assuming waaaay too much.

    His past with those two incidents IS the main reason that people want to believe negatively about him.

    *** Cap, that's good that you can debate with vigor with folks. As long as your on the Tomlin love fest side, you can do that. But because I don't think Tomlin is more then a grade C coach, posters want to hate. Which I find silly; They act like I said something personal about them or their family when I say Tomlin is not getting it done out side of regular season wins. I think it's a sign of a lack of maturity on their part. Grown people agree to disagree all the time.

    Time bears witnesses to all things. With that said, I know Tomlin won't see another Super Bowl here. And I know that the haters know it or they wouldn't act so mad towards me about Tomlin. Their anger really only proves their wrong. Give you an example:

    If a red rose comes up and says that it's yellow, everyone looking at the red rose just shrugs their shoulders and says "your red". But the red rose is constantly getting angry all the time that everyone considers him red. If your really red, you wouldn't get mad; because you would know the finite truth. But the crazy red rose is mad because in reality, in the back of it's mind, it knows it isn't yellow.

    Tomlin isn't a good coach; If he was, the Tomlin lovers would just state their opinion, shrug their shoulders and be on their way. But instead, they spew venom, personal attacks, plot how to get someone banned..they do all that. Because they know in reality, Tomlin isn't really a good coach.

    If Tomlin is as good as some of you say, chill. Time bears witness to all things. Be like me..chill. Have trust in that time will tell the tale. I do.

    Cap, thanks for the convo; Your chill and confident in your assessments; as am I.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 04-02-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  5. #85
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    So, to sum up...

    Poster A can get into heated arguments without any problem. He doesn't take things personally and does not think that people are out to get him.

    Poster B views other posters who disagree with him as a mob of angry haters, since they are only here to spew venom, launch personal attacks, and plot how to get someone banned.

    Who offered the suggested to "Be like me...chill"?
    Poster A or Poster B?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  6. #86
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Ben should have kept the show, it was entertaining and it was interesting to get inside the huddle so to speak. AB is gone, Bell is gone, Ben is still here, imo, now he looks like he's kowtowing to the media and fans, it's a worse look than just owning a negative comment about diva WR that is no longer a part of the team. The fans are the losers in this decision. Public, private or sideline, it doesn't matter, disagreements are going to occur during a season, especially one that had such promise 3/4 of the way through, there was frustration to be had everywhere and on that particular fateful day in Denver, Ben was the biggest culprit but that isn't a reason to stop doing a radio show for the fans.

    Pappy
    I agree sir.

  7. #87
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    So, to sum up...

    Poster A can get into heated arguments without any problem. He doesn't take things personally and does not think that people are out to get him.

    Poster B views other posters who disagree with him as a mob of angry haters, since they are only here to spew venom, launch personal attacks, and plot how to get someone banned.

    Who offered the suggested to "Be like me...chill"?
    Poster A or Poster B?
    It’s hilarious how some people view the world.

    Who has tried to get someone banned on here?

    Who is constantly threatening to put people on ignore because someone disagrees with them?
    Last edited by Oh wow; 04-03-2019 at 12:22 PM.

  8. #88
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Example ONE of the SAME THING in another sport.

    It will bring objectivity to illustrate my point.

    Michael Jordan compared to LeBron was more selfish as a player, greedy (everything about money), and could care less about using his ginormous influence in any way but personal profit.

    Jordan is a media darling. LeBron (who has never done anything truly bad in his personal life) faces CONSTANT criticism from the media.

    The difference is what they say when a mic is on AND what other players say about them.

    Jordan gave no drama..... LeBron is the "KING (James) of drama".
    I see what your saying.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  9. #89
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    It’s hilarious how some people view the world.

    Who has tried to get someone banned on here?

    Who is constantly threatening to put people on ignore because someone disagrees with them?
    Oh wow, there’s stuff that happens behind the scenes; PM’s are sent. Try to fathom that things are happening that are not seen by all.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  10. #90
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Article coming out today about Golden Boy Aaron Rodgers and McCarthys relationship...Going all the way back to when he was drafted...The things he said and did make Ben look like a choir boy...


    BUT...I can guarentee you Aaron will get no where near the flack Ben did...Why?

    It HAS to be the past rape allegations...It's just sickening and pisses me off

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •