Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 117

Thread: Roethlisberger Nixing His Radio Show

  1. #51
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    What you interpret as 'passive aggressive ' some might say he was merely stating a fact. He called, they didn't respond. Why is that a Roethlisberger problem?
    Because both those players said Ben didn’t call so it becomes a “he said, he said” that serves no purpose.

    I don’t understand the need to start a relationship like that.

  2. #52
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Ben can't win.

    If he keeps the radio show, he's a selfish non-team guy who doesn't care about the feelings of his teammates.

    If he cancels the show, he's cowardly, afraid to speak his mind.

    He's been tried and convicted by the collective deity known as the media. That's why I say that from now on, he should just smile and wave when they stick the microphone in his face, and not answer a blessed question.
    I disagree. This is a win for everyone involved.

    Ben can simply say he wants to focus on football and get in sync with his WR’s

    Why would someone call him a coward for cancelling a radio show?

    This is like when Crash said Ben would be called a wimp for throwing the ball away to live another day.

    No, it’s just the smart thing to do.

  3. #53
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    If he says that, he's liable to get drug-tested four times a week!
    Lol. They would twist it around in someway to try and make Ben look evil or wrong. Because the media has dubbed him a villain.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  4. #54
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I disagree. This is a win for everyone involved.

    Ben can simply say he wants to focus on football and get in sync with his WR’s

    Why would someone call him a coward for cancelling a radio show?

    This is like when Crash said Ben would be called a wimp for throwing the ball away to live another day.

    No, it’s just the smart thing to do.
    I disagree. This isn't a win for those of us who enjoyed his radio show and looked forward to hearing from him. It was cool to hear Ben talk football and get his takes even when he was biting his tongue.

  5. #55
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    His most (in)famous criticism, when he said AB should have run a better route in the Denver game, was that made by Ben during his radio show, or in an interview shortly after the game?

    on the radio show. and from what I heard about it (from someone who listened to it) was he took blame for the INt at the end of the game. when asked to explain the play a bit further. he told AB in the Huddle to run the route flatter

  6. #56
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The difference is there are no words associated with the video. If you listen to the post game after such a blowup he keeps it pretty much to himself (and the player). This is how Roethlisberger should go about it.

    I am suspicious that Roethlisberger's comments after that game were the buildup from multiple lesser transgressions by AB. The QB has a threshold as well for ABs antics.
    I kinda have wondered about that as well.
    Ive wondered if Brown gets on Ben to trust him to make a play.
    Ben does it, realizes it was a stupid throw and is irritated with Brown.

  7. #57
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    He is held to unfair standard. We had a bum runningback from the past come out last week and say that Ben fumbled on purpose in a game situation and the media ran with that like it was gospel. And it was a top story everywhere.

    Where is this being done anywhere to any other QB other then Ben?
    It is happening to nobody because there is no such accusation against another QB.
    What “bum running back” is saying Brady fumbled on purpose? When it happens and it is NOT a story.....talk to me about a double standard.

  8. #58
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    It is happening to nobody because there is no such accusation against another QB.
    What “bum running back” is saying Brady fumbled on purpose? When it happens and it is NOT a story.....talk to me about a double standard.
    Cap, it is more so the validity they put behind it. That's the whole point. It's accepted as gospel as well by the media. If that were said about Brady, it would be quickly dismissed and Brady given the benefit of the doubt.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  9. #59
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I disagree. This isn't a win for those of us who enjoyed his radio show and looked forward to hearing from him. It was cool to hear Ben talk football and get his takes even when he was biting his tongue.
    The risk isn’t worth the reward.

    We will be fine as fans without that show.

    There were times when Tomlin had to field questions directly related to the show and Tomlin seemed annoyed by it.

  10. #60
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    on the radio show. and from what I heard about it (from someone who listened to it) was he took blame for the INt at the end of the game. when asked to explain the play a bit further. he told AB in the Huddle to run the route flatter

    The NT or DT intercepted the pass. Damn near impossible to run a flatter route unless he runs behind the LOS.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •