Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 117

Thread: Roethlisberger Nixing His Radio Show

  1. #21
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Oh wow, you are right. I listened to Brady’s radio show and it’s vanilla to say the least. Got to give the devil his due and say Brady is radio savy. He never would do that.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  2. #22
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Oh wow, you are right. I listened to Brady’s radio show and it’s vanilla to say the least. Got to give the devil his due and say Brady is radio savy. He never would do that.
    I remember an article about Rodgers dogging out his young WR’s last preseason during practice and he talked about it with the media.

    I don’t think it’s a good idea to put them on blast. It’s bad for business.

  3. #23
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Oh yeah, Rodgers gets after his guys. But he’s not vilified to the degree that Ben is. By week #10, when AB realizes he!s nowhere near his usual seasonal numbers, he will be tearing Carr’s ear off. And he can enjoy that 6-10 season with the Raiders.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  4. #24
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Oh yeah, Rodgers gets after his guys. But he’s not vilified to the degree that Ben is. By week #10, when AB realizes he!s nowhere near his usual seasonal numbers, he will be tearing Carr’s ear off. And he can enjoy that 6-10 season with the Raiders.
    I think AB is going to get his numbers. Might not get the wins but he is going to get his stats unless Carr breaks his back again.

  5. #25
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I think AB is going to get his numbers. Might not get the wins but he is going to get his stats unless Carr breaks his back again.
    AB doesn't really care about wins anyway.

  6. #26
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    It was the money.

    I also think AB was posted about JuJu being voted team MVP a week after fumbling in the Saints game. IMO the award seemed partially motivated by pity for JuJuís fumble. I honestly think team MVP is a dumb award too.

    As far as Benís radio show. That had to be THEE dumbest idea on the planet. Especially for a city like Pittsburgh where every move/word gets viewed under a microscope.

    QBís donít get paid to call out players in the media. Thatís should be left up to the coaches.

    Calling a player out in practice is fine.

    I donít think players like Bradshaw, Brady, Manning have ever said ďthis WR needs to step upĒ to the media.
    I heard Manning throw his OL under the bus after a loss. But he's Manning, so no big deal.

    I've seen Brady fiercely berate teammates on the sideline during games. I don't know how that's so much different from berating them in the media; after all, everyone can see what he is doing. But he's Brady, so no big deal.

    Ben routinely assumes the blame after losses, but then, after one game, he calls out a couple of teammates. Should he have done it in public? No. But it's not hard to see that Ben is being held to a different standard.

  7. #27
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Because Cap, he shouldnít do it on a media platform. So no qb should say something if a Wr is screwing up?? That is contrary to every qb that can actually play in this league.

    I saw Brees grip at Thomas last year..
    I saw Brady grip at Gordon last year....
    I saw Rodgers grip at Dante Adams....

    Now should Ben do it on a media platform? No. But he has every right to get on a guy if heís running bad routes. Just like all the other QBs who can actually play do.
    Lemming used the word "publicly" several times in the post you quoted above.

    "What QB criticizes his receiver PUBLICLY like Ben did?"

    "But Ben should have never thrown his teamate under the bus PUBLICLY."
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  8. #28
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Lemming used the word "publicly" several times in the post you quoted above.

    "What QB criticizes his receiver PUBLICLY like Ben did?"

    "But Ben should have never thrown his teamate under the bus PUBLICLY."
    Here's the thing ... when those other QBs are ripping teammates on the sidelines during games, why isn't it considered "public"? After all, everyone watching the TV coverage can see what they are doing. It's not exactly private.

  9. #29
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I heard Manning throw his OL under the bus after a loss. But he's Manning, so no big deal.

    I've seen Brady fiercely berate teammates on the sideline during games. I don't know how that's so much different from berating them in the media; after all, everyone can see what he is doing. But he's Brady, so no big deal.

    Ben routinely assumes the blame after losses, but then, after one game, he calls out a couple of teammates. Should he have done it in public? No. But it's not hard to see that Ben is being held to a different standard.
    That's my whole point...he's held to a different, unfair standard.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  10. #30
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Here's the thing ... when those other QBs are ripping teammates on the sidelines during games, why isn't it considered "public"? After all, everyone watching the TV coverage can see what they are doing. It's not exactly private.
    Are they supposed to go into the private medical tent when players or coaches have heated sideline "disagreements"?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •