Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Gets Help

Administrator

User Info Menu

Finally!

This clearly wasn't his decision or it wouldn't have taken 11 years.

Someone mandated this within the Steelers organization...either Rooney or Colbert.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Starter

User Info Menu

I mean after all the missed challenges, clock management blunders, non stop drama and discipline issues...Was Tomlin really in a position to rebel/ oppose such a move

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    I mean after all the missed challenges, clock management blunders, non stop drama and discipline issues...Was Tomlin really in a position to rebel/ oppose such a move
    Yes he was ( but then he would probably be coaching somewhere else next year)

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Yes he was ( but then he would probably be coaching somewhere else next year)
    I'd be OK with that
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hear Tomlin keep mentioning the use of Analytics to improve things. I'm sure if the team ran any kind of analytics on his challenges and use of timeouts, the decision was made pretty quick to hire help!

I think the cheaters have mastered analytics and I'm convinced that Ernie Adams is the guy behind most of it. They're doing SOMETHING that no other team is doing. How can Tony Romo go on air during the super bowl and proclaim that it's not even fair for the Rams because the Patriots know where all their receivers are going? Are the Rams that stupid or do the cheaters just have a fantastic system for mapping it all out?

Starter

User Info Menu

I think McVey made no adjustments and didnít have a game plan for the Pats. Just thought he could show up and keep doing what he was doing because he is an offensive genius.

I also canít stand Tony Romo. People love him in the booth but I think he is ridiculous. I have no doubt most former QBís who are analyst can call out the plays based on formation. Not sure why people think Romo is a guru at this but I guess he is considered a breath of fresh air.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I think McVey made no adjustments and didn’t have a game plan for the Pats. Just thought he could show up and keep doing what he was doing because he is an offensive genius.

I also can’t stand Tony Romo. People love him in the booth but I think he is ridiculous. I have no doubt most former QB’s who are analyst can call out the plays based on formation. Not sure why people think Romo is a guru at this but I guess he is considered a breath of fresh air.
    I think it's more that most commentators suck.

I like Romo because he gives actual insight into what's going on in the game instead of baseless narrative like most.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Romo is fsntastic. I love how he calls the plays before they happen; he calls sacks because of lack of certain protections. His insight on what the qb is looking for in a certain situation. Heís great in the booth to me.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Finally!

This clearly wasn't his decision or it wouldn't have taken 11 years.

Someone mandated this within the Steelers organization...either Rooney or Colbert.
    Yeah.. he was forced. And then he spouts the company line afterwards. Whatever; as long as he’s being forced to join modern times is all that matters.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Yeah.. he was forced. And then he spouts the company line afterwards. Whatever; as long as heís being forced to join modern times is all that matters.
    I do have to wonder how many changes he actually makes or initiates on his own. Moving on from Lebeau. "Retiring" Arians. Hiring Haley. Letting Haley go. Hiring a review guy. Any of this actually his doing? Would love to know.