Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 134

Thread: Tomlin Gets Help

  1. #61
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Tomlin typically signs contract extensions in August. It's still March.
    You don't need to worry about data if you already have a conclusion.

    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 04-01-2019 at 10:00 AM.

  2. #62
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    You don't need to worry about data if you already have a conclusion.

    North, I'm not the one who can't admit when he's wrong. You got me confused with someone else. If Tomlin is given an extension in August, of course that's significant. How could I say that it's not? Come on. Now if Tomlin is canned after an 8-8 season this coming season, can you say I"m right? Just curious.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  3. #63
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    The reporter for NFL Network that covers the Steelers is Aditi Kinhabwala. Besides, Ian Rapoport has reported all kinds of nonesense regarding the Steelers and he's supposed to be the guy "in the know." Again, no real evidence that the Steelers are going to break with tradition and fire one of the most successful coaches in the NFL.
    Hey Sugar, I just looked up the guy who said it. His name is Steve Wyche. Sorry about not being specific.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  4. #64
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    North, I'm not the one who can't admit when he's wrong. You got me confused with someone else. If Tomlin is given an extension in August, of course that's significant. How could I say that it's not? Come on. Now if Tomlin is canned after an 8-8 season this coming season, can you say I"m right? Just curious.
    Of course!

    My point has never been that we shouldn't fire Tomlin. I'm fine if that's what the team decides to do.

    I just wouldn't expect replacing the HC to fix the biggest problems we currently have with the team.

  5. #65
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Of course!

    My point has never been that we shouldn't fire Tomlin. I'm fine if that's what the team decides to do.

    I just wouldn't expect replacing the HC to fix the biggest problems we currently have with the team.
    hmmm..I'm not too sure on that North. There can be made an argument that because of the environment that Tomlin has fostered lead to AB being out of hand and lead to Bell thinking he's better then what he was. Environment is created by the coach.

    If your referring to the player upgrades needed on defense, well, we hired Tomlin as a secondary expert and the secondary hasn't been anything. So isn't that kinda on him? It can be argued that all the problems stem from him not being who he said he was (secondary expert; defensive coach)
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  6. #66
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Hey Sugar, I just looked up the guy who said it. His name is Steve Wyche. Sorry about not being specific.
    In your original post, you said that the reporter was one who "covers the Steelers":

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac
    On the NFL channel yesterday, the light skinned African American with the freckles who covers the Steelers, and I quote , said,”Tomlin’s job is on the line this season.” He covers the Steelers. You and I don’t. “Tomlin’s job is on the line this season.” Subsequently is the hot seat. I know that isn’t what you want to hear, but it is the truth. This is a cross roads year from Tomlin.

    Now you can go ahead and discredit the NFL network guy if you want; because that’s what happens when things are said that don’t fit the standard ball washing theme.
    I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Wyche is a general NFL analyst that covers the top stories of the day / week as opposed to "a guy who covers the Steelers".

    Here's his bio(http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/onairtalent/steve-wyche)
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL.com
    Wyche, who joined NFL media in 2008, contributes insider reports, analysis, and moderates panel discussions on NFL Network's signature show NFL Total Access (http://www.nfl.com/network/shows/nfl-total-access?icampaign=network_talentbio_wyche). He also files field reports at various team facilities and games on NFL GameDay Morning and Around the League Live. Wyche also is a panelist on The Aftermath, which airs Monday at 3 p.m. ET. He also hosts the network's Pro Football Hall of Fame specials during the season, after the SuperBowl and during enshrinement weekend.

    In his role as senior writer for NFL.com, Steve Wyche offers more in-depth analysis on the latest NFL topics and headlines with weekly stories.

    With 27 years of journalism experience under his belt, Wyche has covered a variety of sports and personalities on all levels, from standout high school players to professional icons like Michael Jordan, Michael Vick and today's NFL stars.

    Prior to joining NFL Network and NFL.com, Wyche spent four seasons as a beat writer for the Atlanta Journal Constitution covering the Atlanta Falcons. During the 2007 season, Wyche also worked as a correspondent for ESPN and ESPN2.

    From 1990-1999, Wyche covered a variety of sports teams for the Miami Herald including the Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat and Steve Spurrier's championship Florida Gator football teams. Wyche then followed up with a five-year stint as the NBA and Washington Wizards writer for the Washington Post.

    After earning a B.A. in Journalism from Howard University in 1989, Wyche begin his journalism career covering high school and small college sports for the Richmond (VA) Times-Dispatch from 1989-1990.
    Doesn't sound like a guy who would have deep ties to the Steelers Org.

  7. #67
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The piling on by talking heads is not a surprise because for the first time in years they can invent something about the Steelers to talk about when the team and organization is typically one of the most boring in the NFL for the media Piranhas looking to get viewers or mouse clicks


    Let's also not forget who is doing the talking and criticizing...former players. It is not in their DNA to criticize Bell and AB as the greedy bastards they are because they are part of the fraternity. No way will they criticize them for "wanting to get theirs" because they really believe in the poor rich player POV. So if you aren't willing to call those two out you look for other explanations and that then play leaves you Tomlin and Ben. That is why they are making up the crap about how everything is falling apart ignoring the fact that you're hearing nothing from the players on the team.

    The haters can embrace the manufactured turmoil but in the end the franchise is rock solid. Looking forward to both Tomlin's and Ben's extensions before the start of the 2019 season.
    Rock solid? Really? I would not equate anything that happened last year as rock solid...

    Actually...Anything remotely resembling last year, Should have Tomlin being shown the door...

    It was an embarrassment of epic proportions...This will be a make-or-break year imo...

    Already HAVEN'T extended him...Got him a " special " assitant...An assistant that Tomlin says he didn't want or need...Even after an atrocious run of bad challenges...

    If you think they are going to just keep Tomlin forever, because that's the "Steeler Way"...You are mistaken because, The "Steeler Way" is not like it used to be...

    A failure again this season and it will be time for a new voice, fresh start...Because Tomlins time will have run it's course...

    But if they have a great season.....

  8. #68
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    In your original post, you said that the reporter was one who "covers the Steelers":



    I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Wyche is a general NFL analyst that covers the top stories of the day / week as opposed to "a guy who covers the Steelers".

    Here's his bio(http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/onairtalent/steve-wyche)


    Doesn't sound like a guy who would have deep ties to the Steelers Org.
    I"m just going by what "he" said in his portion of the telecast. He said he covers them. Why are you killng the messenger? LOL
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  9. #69
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Nope..that's not true. just another assumption by you that is wrong.
    Didnít you guarantee Tomlin would be fired if we had a collapse like 2 years ago vs the Jags?

    We missed the playoffs last year.

    Did you admit you were wrong?

    Nope, you moved the goal post and made a new prediction.

  10. #70
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Rock solid? Really? I would not equate anything that happened last year as rock solid...

    Actually...Anything remotely resembling last year, Should have Tomlin being shown the door...

    It was an embarrassment of epic proportions...This will be a make-or-break year imo...

    Already HAVEN'T extended him...Got him a " special " assitant...An assistant that Tomlin says he didn't want or need...Even after an atrocious run of bad challenges...

    If you think they are going to just keep Tomlin forever, because that's the "Steeler Way"...You are mistaken because, The "Steeler Way" is not like it used to be...

    A failure again this season and it will be time for a new voice, fresh start...Because Tomlins time will have run it's course...

    But if they have a great season.....
    What’s different about the Steeler way?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •