Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Is Our Immediate Window Closed?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The Steelers don't have to replace AB's production, JuJu will do that, the Steelers need to replace JuJu's production, I don't think that receiver is on the team right now. Washington might be able to do it but he will have to make a big jump in order to do so.

Pappy
    Both AB and Juju each having over 100 catches for over 1000 yards at the same time last year is rare occurrence. You don't need two 100-1000 wideouts to be a good NFL offense. Juju has shown that he has the ability to have 100+ catches for 1000+ yards, and we have a plethora of other options who all could catch 40-60 balls for 400-600 yards if Ben just spreads the ball around and hits the open man rather than trying to force the ball to one particular guy when he is double or triple covered.

Vance McDonald, Donte Moncrief, James Washington, Eli Rogers, Ryan Switzer, James Conner, and Jaylen Samuels are all capable of catching 40-60 balls for 400-600 yards each (plus we still haven't added rookie options at TE, WR, and RB yet). That production, plus 100+ catches for 1000+ yards from Juju and we'll be just fine.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Both AB and Juju each having over 100 catches for over 1000 yards at the same time last year is rare occurrence. You don't need two 100-1000 wideouts to be a good NFL offense. Juju has shown that he has the ability to have 100+ catches for 1000+ yards, and we have a plethora of other options who all could catch 40-60 balls for 400-600 yards if Ben just spreads the ball around and hits the open man rather than trying to force the ball to one particular guy when he is double or triple covered.

Vance McDonald, Donte Moncrief, James Washington, Eli Rogers, Ryan Switzer, James Conner, and Jaylen Samuels are all capable of catching 40-60 balls for 400-600 yards each (plus we still haven't added rookie options at TE, WR, and RB yet). That production, plus 100+ catches for 1000+ yards from Juju and we'll be just fine.
    I am actually expecting this offense to be really good in 2019. Ben won't be forcing the ball to AB which we all know he did and many times it ended badly. AB was a real talent but not a irreplaceable talent. His catches will now be spread out to guys like Moncrief, a Washington who hopefully takes the next step in year 2, McDonald and hopefully a new young TE who can cause mismatches (Hockensen or Fant please). I also think we see more of Conner and Samuels in the passing game. Remember, Bell almost doubled his receiving totals (43 to 85) between his first year as a starter and the next.

While there are plenty who want to quit already, I'm actually looking forward to 2019.

Legend

User Info Menu

The current crop of WRs is Colbert's version of moneyball. Replace one uber talent with multiple lesser equivalents.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I am actually expecting this offense to be really good in 2019. Ben won't be forcing the ball to AB which we all know he did and many times it ended badly. AB was a real talent but not a irreplaceable talent. His catches will now be spread out to guys like Moncrief, a Washington who hopefully takes the next step in year 2, McDonald and hopefully a new young TE who can cause mismatches (Hockensen or Fant please). I also think we see more of Conner and Samuels in the passing game. Remember, Bell almost doubled his receiving totals (43 to 85) between his first year as a starter and the next.

While there are plenty who want to quit already, I'm actually looking forward to 2019.
    ill sign up for this. Add in another mid round stud RB and TE and i think we have a well balanced attack.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hope so, we also had a lot of good things happen when AB was on the field.

I’m definitely concerned with JuJu getting open when he is the first option and has more attention on him.

Hopefully Washington steps up and looks like his OKState day’s. Where the hell is THAT guy?

Moncreif is a nice pick up. Hopefully he pans out.

Legend

User Info Menu

As long as we have Ben playing like Ben we will always be in contention.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The current crop of WRs is Colbert's version of moneyball. Replace one uber talent with multiple lesser equivalents.
    Was actually thinking the same thing. Ok, AB’s 100/1000 is gone, but if Washington, Rogers, Moncrief and a new TE can work together to replace the AB numbers, with Jesse James’s numbers included etc....do you ‘need’ a 100/1000 guy?

If the Steelers do as Chadman suspects and adds a vertical threat TE and WR, the offence may not feel the departure of AB that badly.
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

Fix the Run Defence Mode:

1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Was actually thinking the same thing. Ok, AB’s 100/1000 is gone, but if Washington, Rogers, Moncrief and a new TE can work together to replace the AB numbers, with Jesse James’s numbers included etc....do you ‘need’ a 100/1000 guy?

If the Steelers do as Chadman suspects and adds a vertical threat TE and WR, the offence may not feel the departure of AB that badly.
    I don’t think we need 100 reception WR’s. IMO it means we are throwing too much and trailing teams.

Would love to get back to the 30 to 35 attempts and some short fields.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Wow, perhaps i should cancel Sunday Ticket if we are done for awhile....LMAO
    You probably should. It'll save you a lot of frustration and money.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.