Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Hilton to follow Alejandro Villanueva plan; seeks long-term deal not ERFA tender

Legend

User Info Menu

There is some benefit in doing this for both the player and the team. AV didn't get what he would have gotten on the open market. The Steelers paid him a bit more up front but got a deal on the later years of the deal. You'd have to work a similar deal with Hilton. Give him some extra money early, but buy out a few years of free agency at a reduced rate.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

AV carries a decent price tag vs the Cap.
    He took his deal when he was still developing.

I'd say his deal is very fair to both sides.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

I mean...Even though I like Hilton, He is our 3rd or 4th corner...Maybe lower if we draft one high...How much does he think he's worth?...AV was/ is our starting LT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    I mean...Even though I like Hilton, He is our 3rd or 4th corner...Maybe lower if we draft one high...How much does he think he's worth?...AV was/ is our starting LT
    My thoughts exactly...
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Pay the man.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well, LeVeon says the Steelers don't treat players like humans, so there's that.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Saw a post on another site that said Hilton's agent is Drew Rosenhaus. Anyone know if that's true?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Saw a post on another site that said Hilton's agent is Drew Rosenhaus. Anyone know if that's true?

That is correct

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Hilton is our nickel corner. He covers the opponent's slot receiver. In today's NFL, we are in a nickel or dime package more often than we are in base defense, so he's a starter to me.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Quick...someone check what color Hilton's mustache is.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.