Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bell

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Seen this a few times. I guess I've been gone too long. But what does the "blank reply" mean??

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    Seen this a few times. I guess I've been gone too long. But what does the "blank reply" mean??
    Do you not see the GIF?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Do you not see the GIF?
    Mystery solved

So on my work computer I can't see the GIF. Checked on my phone and saw it. Thanks ff.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    Mystery solved

So on my work computer I can't see the GIF. Checked on my phone and saw it. Thanks ff.
    Your welcome

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Paul Zeise: Le'Veon Bell struggles with the truth

PAUL ZEISE
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    MAR 21, 2019

Le’Veon Bell refused to sign a long-term deal with the Steelers because he didn’t like the contract they offered him, or so he said at the time it went down. Bell should have just stuck to that original story, because that at least made sense.

When it turned out Bell didn’t get close to the contract he thought he would get, he should have just said “Hey, I took a shot. I didn’t quite get what I wanted, but I am happy to start the next part of my career.”

Bell instead tried to save face and gave an interview to Sports Illustrated in which he would explain his real reasons he left Pittsburgh. The problem is, the more Bell talked, the dumber he sounded and the less credibility he had with anybody with even a basic grip on the facts. The interview contained more fiction than fact and more revised history than reality.

Here is a sample:

“Pittsburgh is a great organization. They’ve got a great owner, head coach. They kind of treat you like — they don’t treat you like you’re human. ... I still play video games, I still make music. They don’t want to allow you to be yourself.”

That’s utter nonsense, and here is how I know it is: The No. 1 complaint and criticism of Mike Tomlin is that he is too much of a players’ coach who gives his players too much leeway and allows them too much freedom to be themselves. That is backed up by many, many players who have said they appreciate the way Tomlin treats them like men.

Now, however, we’re supposed to believe Tomlin is a bully (like Ben Roethlisberger, apparently) who doesn’t let his players play video games and rap. When called out on this by KDKA’s Bob Pompeani on Twitter, Bell shot back that he was talking about “the city,” not the Steelers. And that is comical because that’s not at all what he said.

Bell complained that Tomlin shot down his idea for a play to run in the playoffs in his “rookie year.” One problem: The Steelers were 8-8 in his rookie season and didn’t even make the playoffs.

Bell also believes the Steelers not only didn’t want him to thrive and didn’t give him a chance to thrive — he said “they [weren’t] trying to let me go crazy, like, really let me put my foot on the pedal.”

He then doubled down with “I feel like in Pittsburgh, people felt like everybody gotta get the ball or do this, that or the other. I don’t feel like I had a lot of opportunities like I could have.”

In 2017, the last season Bell played for the Steelers he touched the ball 406 times between rushes and receptions. The player who was second in the NFL in that category was LeSean McCoy, who had 346. Yes, Bell, who claims he didn’t get opportunities, touched the ball 60 times more than any other non-quarterback in the NFL.

He said playing for the Jets was something he wanted to do since he was growing up. Again, that’s a nice story except he tweeted last year that he wouldn’t play for the Jets for even $100 million.

He also jumped on the “Roethlisberger is a meanie” bandwagon and said Roethlisberger wants to win “his way” and that meant shutting out players such as Bell and Brown to prove a point.

All of it really comes off like whining, and quite frankly shows the mind of a man who is interested in everything other than winning football games. For anyone who has paid attention, the biggest takeaway from the interview shouldn’t be that the Steelers are dysfunctional. It should be that Bell is delusional.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201903210107

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    if you took the yellow stripes off.. youve got a custom raiders jersey lol

Banned

User Info Menu

They should sell them for 2.99 as car wash cloths.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Will Barron end up with #26 like he did with the Rams? If so, you could just replace the nameplate on the back.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Will Barron end up with #26 like he did with the Rams? If so, you could just replace the nameplate on the back.
    there it is! take the ELL off and add ARRON... bingo