Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bell

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't listen to Ben's show. Not for any particular reason... just don't. Is he really that critical of his teammates?

What I do pay attention to is the post game press conferences. I don't think I've watched one after a loss where Ben DOESN'T blame himself first. Hearing all these media jerks crushing Ben for not taking any responsibility is getting old.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The cancers are removed. Let’s move on.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    I don't listen to Ben's show. Not for any particular reason... just don't. Is he really that critical of his teammates?

What I do pay attention to is the post game press conferences. I don't think I've watched one after a loss where Ben DOESN'T blame himself first. Hearing all these media jerks crushing Ben for not taking any responsibility is getting old.
    I donít listen to it but my opinion is nothing good can come from that show. Itís too easy for words to get twisted or a critique of a play turns into criticism of a player.

As far as taking responsibility for losses in pressers. That doesnít really impress me, all QBís are employed to take the blame regardless of how the game played out.

When the dust settles and they have a chance to go back, watch tape.... when they watch the talking heads bash them for bad plays... then they have a day or 2 to sleep on it and respond once they get comfortable and relaxed, thatís when problems can occur.

Itís like social media in a sense. How many times did we hear AB talk that good team talk right after a game? Itís ďI to get better, we have to work harder, blah, blah, blahĒ

Then he gets comfortable at home and says how he really feels on Twitter.
    Last edited by Oh wow; 03-20-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bell is full of it. Nothing he says has any validity. He accuses Ben of only wanting to win the way Ben wants to win.

Yet, Bell is the first one to say that he was afraid of getting too many touches last year if he’d have signed the franchise tag. For him to get those touches, that means Ben is putting the ball in his hands on tons of dump off passes. So which is it?

It was revealed that Bell and AB were talking all this time so there’s little doubt they’ve come up with this crap. Glad Both those clowns are gone.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Bell is full of it. Nothing he says has any validity. He accuses Ben of only wanting to win the way Ben wants to win.

Yet, Bell is the first one to say that he was afraid of getting too many touches last year if heíd have signed the franchise tag. For him to get those touches, that means Ben is putting the ball in his hands on tons of dump off passes. So which is it?

It was revealed that Bell and AB were talking all this time so thereís little doubt theyíve come up with this crap. Glad Both those clowns are gone.
    The funniest part " Ben was only worried about getting his "...lmfao...They ran Bell into the ground ( AND thru the air ) ...

AB was the most targeted WR in the league and had over 100 receptions EVERY year!

Ben would make me mad because he would go to AB to much, force it!...

These guys are just getting ridiculous with their pettiness!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    The funniest part " Ben was only worried about getting his "...lmfao...They ran Bell into the ground ( AND thru the air ) ...

AB was the most targeted WR in the league and had over 100 receptions EVERY year!

Ben would make me mad because he would go to AB to much, force it!...

These guys are just getting ridiculous with their pettiness!
    Ben was accommodating to both and they still moan and complain.

" Ben wanted to win his way"...his way by giving you and AB all the touches??? Both of those two cornballs are on drugs. F them. We move on.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Ben was accommodating to both and they still moan and complain.

" Ben wanted to win his way"...his way by giving you and AB all the touches??? Both of those two cornballs are on drugs. F them. We move on.
    If you don't like that story don't worry. Give them a couple of days and the story will change.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    So glad Iíve deleted all my social media accounts last year. I just donít care about this bullsh1t anymore.
    I only have FB and i'm very tempted to delete it but i belong to too many animal rescue groups....
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

My wife has Facebook, my kids have Twitter and Instagram, and the extent of my "social media footprint" is pretty much just posting on this forum. They signed me up for Facebook and Twitter accounts, but I literally never go on there.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Smart move bro
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.