Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 players I want. 3 players I don't ILB edition

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    have been wondering about the OL, do you think the Steelers feel comfortable with either Feiler or Okorafor starting at RT or might they spend a high draft choice on the position?
    Ivey in mid rounds would be available.
    2019 Steelers draft results
    -------------------------------------------
    Round 1- Devin Bush, ILB; Michigan
    Round 3a- Diontae Johnson, WR; Toledo
    Round 3b- Justin Layne, CB; Michigan State
    Round 4- Benny Snell Jr., RB; Kentucky
    Round 5- Zach Gentry, TE; Michigan
    Round 6a- Sutton Smith, OLB; Northern Illnois
    Round 6b- Isaiah Buggs, DT; Alabama
    Round 6c- Ulysses Gilbert III, ILB; Akron
    Round 7- Derwin Gray, OG; Maryland

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Germaine Pratt-ILB-NC St- plays quick and with burst. Versatile enough to play multiple schemes and positions. Likes to hit but can also tackle. Plays too high and lacks experience. Very raw. NFL Comp= Tahir Whitehead

I like Pratt. But he wwill be a project.
    I've seen a lot of Pratt, so I'm a little biased toward him, but he's my favorite in terms of long term potential.

He's only started for a year and transitioned from playing S. But the kid is smart, a hustler, and just makes plays. And it's a ridiculous amount of plays. He's a little taller than the rest and I think he can matchup in coverage with TEs better in the long run.

He's not polished like others. But even the other standouts have questions about them. I think the only thing missing with Pratt is experience and all of his issues are coachable/fixable. He reminds me of Jaylen Samuels a bit at NC State. Different positions and different units, but when they are on the field you see them in what feels like every single play.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I've seen a lot of Pratt, so I'm a little biased toward him, but he's my favorite in terms of long term potential.

He's only started for a year and transitioned from playing S. But the kid is smart, a hustler, and just makes plays. And it's a ridiculous amount of plays. He's a little taller than the rest and I think he can matchup in coverage with TEs better in the long run.

He's not polished like others. But even the other standouts have questions about them. I think the only thing missing with Pratt is experience and all of his issues are coachable/fixable. He reminds me of Jaylen Samuels a bit at NC State. Different positions and different units, but when they are on the field you see them in what feels like every single play.
    I won't be surprised if we miss out on the Devins on day 1, and take someone like Pratt in a later round.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    have been wondering about the OL, do you think the Steelers feel comfortable with either Feiler or Okorafor starting at RT or might they spend a high draft choice on the position?
    Hawkins n Banner are young guys who give us 5 tackles on the roster. I'm thinking if we did go T it would be late. Feiler n Okorafor both had good efforts at RT. The question would be at LT if AV needed to sit .
    Last edited by Iron City Inc.; 03-21-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    A bit harsh of a comparison for Wilson.

Sorry. Thats how I see it. Fringe NFL starter.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hey KeyLargo ...

Two players (LB) who impressed me at the combine were Taki and I think Dru Tranquil. I don't think that they are day 1 starters, but maybe after week 4 is a different story.... What is your thoughts on them.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Hey KeyLargo ...

Two players (LB) who impressed me at the combine were Taki and I think Dru Tranquil. I don't think that they are day 1 starters, but maybe after week 4 is a different story.... What is your thoughts on them.

Tranquill is Tyler Matakevich 2.0

Assuming you mean Sione Takitaki? He has beast film with some character issues. I've had him in a few of my signature mocks and would be happy to see him in Black and Gold. Even if he spends first year on PS

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Any thoughts on WVU's David Long Jr.?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Tranquill is Tyler Matakevich 2.0

Assuming you mean Sione Takitaki? He has beast film with some character issues. I've had him in a few of my signature mocks and would be happy to see him in Black and Gold. Even if he spends first year on PS
    Thanks bro...
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Any thoughts on WVU's David Long Jr.?

There is a lot to like in David Long. Plays like his hair is on fire and attacks the LOS. Very undisciplined and misses a ton of tackles. If he can be coached he could be a steal. Boom or bust.