Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 3 players I want. 3 players I don't ILB edition

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ILB is going to be a challenge as long as we continue to draft late. In the past few drafts there have typically been about two ILBs who are potential difference makers. This draft is no different. The rest are good players but not great players.

If we have to go up more than 5 spots to get Bush then I don't think it is worth it. Would require too many picks and I don't think we can afford to sit out Day 2 of the draft because we have other needs.
    I think I am with you: however, there might someone else who isn't ILB or in 1st round that is worth trading that far up...

We have to be smart how we sell the farm to draft an impact player.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

I admit it looks dicey even being able to get Bush but it does depend on how much capital it takes to get up there. If somehow the Bucs were to pass on White, that would help.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I admit it looks dicey even being able to get Bush but it does depend on how much capital it takes to get up there. If somehow the Bucs were to pass on White, that would help.
    I think both Kyler Murray and Dwayne Haskins come off the board in the top 3 picks (desperate teams trade up toward the top of the draft for a shot at a potential QB in every recent draft). If that happens, then one of the top 3 elite pass rushers (Quinnen Williams, Nick Bosa, and Josh Allen) will be available at #5, and I doubt that Tampa would pass up a chance at a top prospect at a prime position like pass rusher to take an off-the-ball linebacker like Devin White.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They want one they will have to spend some capital. If Bush is there at 9 that's where they have to go. I was hoping #20, #52, & 2020 3rd would get it but there will be competition..Real or otherwise at some point. It may take #20, #52, 2020 2nd to get there. You get Buf to throw back 4th #112 this year..Maybe it's worth it. If they feel he's that centerpiece..I'm in.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we should sign "Terrible" Terry Tate, if for no other reason but to keep the locker room in check.

Imagine if he'd caught Bell smokin' the ganja, or Brown FB Videoing the Tomlin in the locker room? BOOOOM! Those two guys would probably have delivered 2 Lombardi's by now, and hungry for more. Food 4 thought.

-Joos out