Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vince Williams Restructured Contract

Legend

User Info Menu

Vince Williams Restructured Contract

Legend

User Info Menu

probably getting ready to sign the 3rd string TE from the Jags

I'd love to see us upgrade Bince's position, but looks like he's the guy for another year or two. Well, at least he's good at the blitz.
    2024 Mock Draft 3.0

Trade back for an extra 2nd round pick
    1) Graham Barton, C/OT, Duke
    2a) Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
    2b) Luke Ohorhorro, DL, Clemson
    3) Kiran Amegadje, OT, Yale
    4) Jayden Hicks, S, Washington St
    6a) Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa
    6b) Tip Reiman, TE, Illinois

Legend

User Info Menu

Just kicking the can down the road.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Banned

User Info Menu

2.8 freed up.

Legend

User Info Menu

We are paying him the same amount of money overall regardless, so this just now means that he counts $2.8M less against this year's cap (when we are dealing with the weight of AB's $20M+ in dead money on our cap) and then $1.4M more in each of the next 2 years (when AB's dead money charge is officially off the books). Makes sense to me.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Need to be getting rid of VW not extending. I understand you can’t fix everything at once but we need two new ILBs

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Need to be getting rid of VW not extending
    We didn't extend his contract at all. He was signed until the 2021 season as of yesterday, and he's still signed until the 2021 season as of today. Just redistributing the payments for cap accounting purposes.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Need to be getting rid of VW not extending. I understand you can’t fix everything at once but we need two new ILBs
    I think Vince is unfairly crapped on by a lot of folks. I think he's got a good attitude, works hard, and is the kind of player every roster needs. I don't fault him for being used beyond his abilities at times, but I still think he's solid.

Reminds me of Larry Foote. No one used to like Foote either, but the guy worked hard and always competed just like Vince. Not everyone is a HOF player or even a ProBowler for that matter. Just get better on the DLine and in the secondary and Vince is fine in his role imho.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Vince is solid also..
    When you ask him to play as a 3 down LBer and put him in an untenable position thats when he gets exposed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Scouting report on Vince from back in the day
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rida-state-ilb

Weaknesses

Over-aggressiveness gets Williams in a lot of trouble. When he guesses wrong, he will take himself completely out of a play. Williams' eyes wander, leading him to abandon his area of responsibility, often with bad results. He will bite on play fakes and can be lured into no man's land. Williams seems to prefer eluding blockers to taking them on. He sometimes gets so focused on his destination that he leaves himself open to being blown up by blockers he doesn't see. He might not have the foot speed and range to be a three-down linebacker.