Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 117

Thread: Ben's contract?

  1. #11
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    If Ben asks for the moon, Then he is just like the rest...More worried about money and status. Than being a team player, which all the talking heads have been screaming...And just will reinforce what all the talk, and ex-players have been saying

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    If Ben asks for the moon, Then he is just like the rest...More worried about money and status. Than being a team player, which all the talking heads have been screaming...And just will reinforce what all the talk, and ex-players have been saying
    I agree. I don't think Ben or most high end players care about what fans or media think.
    And more info I found. Wilson is up for an extension also. Not sure that effects Ben's final contract at all. Because it is his final one after all.

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I agree. I don't think Ben or most high end players care about what fans or media think.
    And more info I found. Wilson is up for an extension also. Not sure that effects Ben's final contract at all. Because it is his final one after all.
    Who's Wilson?

    Last Wilson I can remember playing for the Steelers was Cedrick, but maybe I have forgotten?

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Who's Wilson?

    Last Wilson I can remember playing for the Steelers was Cedrick, but maybe I have forgotten?
    I believe he's referring to Russell Wilson, another franchise QB who is looking for an extension at the same time as Ben.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I hope he breaks the bank

    Will be fun watching everyone blame every other contract besides the largest one as the reason we canít field a decent defense.
    As long as he isnt trying to reset the QB market it should be fine
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    As long as he isnt trying to reset the QB market it should be fine
    He's trying to get paid as a #1 QB and a #2 radio personality.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Then he can start his radio career after this year...LOL
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

  8. #18
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    weve got him for 1 more year.. if he wants to make stupid money... i wouldnt have a problem letting him walk.. it should be obvious to him that we are trying to build this team up for one more run with him

  9. #19
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Who's Wilson?

    Last Wilson I can remember playing for the Steelers was Cedrick, but maybe I have forgotten?
    Russell Wilson is due and he basically said he expects this contract to reset the market.

    All this talk about contracts but the QB contracts are the real killers when it comes to cap space. Brady still takes a pay cut but he is probably being paid under the table.

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    weve got him for 1 more year.. if he wants to make stupid money... i wouldnt have a problem letting him walk.. it should be obvious to him that we are trying to build this team up for one more run with him
    I seriously don’t see it happening with Ben on our books. Once he is gone we can reload after a down year and hopefully find a QB I’m the draft or maybe the OKState kid finally shows something.

    Can’t reload with a 25 mill QB on the books.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •