Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Ben's contract?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    you should read the whole report. not just what the alleged victim and her friend said about the incident who obviously have a biased side to it.
    there were ye witness statements from people in that bar with no allegiance to either side
    I hear you but I think you are missing the point.

I’ve never said Ben raped these women. I’m pretty good at making sure I say (ACCUSED) because it’s not the actual act it’s the accusations and putting yourself in a negative light.

Public perception trumps all IMO.

Whether you like it or not that part of Ben’s legacy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I hear you but I think you are missing the point.

I’ve never said Ben raped these women. I’m pretty good at making sure I say (ACCUSED) because it’s not the actual act it’s the accusations and putting yourself in a negative light.

Public perception trumps all IMO.

Whether you like it or not that part of Ben’s legacy.
    As someone who lives in Bengals territory I am fairly often correcting those incorrect perceptions. Just because people hold to a false narrative doesn't mean you can't correct it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    As someone who lives in Bengals territory I am fairly often correcting those incorrect perceptions. Just because people hold to a false narrative doesn't mean you can't correct it.
    Ehh.. that’s the problem. We have to constantly defend Ben over that nonsense and tell people to read reports and details.

Imagine if Kobe Bryant had a second accusation after his first one?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Ehh.. that’s the problem. We have to constantly defend Ben over that nonsense and tell people to read reports and details.

Imagine if Kobe Bryant had a second accusation after his first one?
    The problem is that people believe a false narrative, not that I have to correct it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    The problem is that people believe a false narrative, not that I have to correct it.
    No. The problem is Ben ignored warnings and continued to put himself in jeopardy.

There is a reason we haven’t heard anymore stories about Ben... he finally wised up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well.. Russell Wilson just announced his next extension... 4 year 140 million. This should get interesting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben Roethlisberger: We are all about each other

Posted by Josh Alper on April 16, 2019, 2:42 PM EDT

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been the subject of critical comments from a variety of former teammates since the end of the 2018 season and several current teammates have spoken up to refute those barbs, but the quarterback has not offered a direct response to any of it over the last few months.

That didn’t change when he provided a few quotes to the team’s website about the start of the offseason program. Roethlisberger said that it has been “fun to be out there throwing with the guys” for the first time since Week 17 of the 2018 season.

Roethlisberger was also asked about having all of the core veterans on the team on hand for the voluntary sessions and his answer included what could be taken as a comment about some of the people who aren’t in Pittsburgh any longer.

“I expect nothing else,” Roethlisberger said. “We want to show we are here, dedicated to this team, dedicated to having a great season. We are all about each other.”

Running back Le'Veon Bell and wide receiver Antonio Brown were the biggest departures from the Steelers. Bell wasn’t with the team at all last season while Brown’s final days with the team did little to live up to the idea of full dedication to the team. That may not have been the impetus for Roethlisberger’s comments on Tuesday, but the choice of words doesn’t feel totally coincidental given the words some others have chosen to use about Roethlisberger of late.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/16/ben-roethlisberger-we-are-all-about-each-other/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.