Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Steelers preparing to for a big trade up in the draft?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers Depot had interesting Stats on BUSH vs. RANKED Teams and his numbers were dismal across the board.

It was enough to scare me away at 20 - but yes it was the Combine that propelled him into the top 20. Combine numbers should only do 1 thing....confirm what you thought about a player.

If a guy has grade B tape and runs a 4.34 forty with a 40" vertical jump that should only confirm that he's a Grade B player with some fast twitch muscle....the exception to the rule may be he played under some poor coaching or is a late bloomer and only played 1 full season in college.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I would like us to consider trading down if White, Bush, Hockenson and Fant are gone. Pick #20 is where some team is going to want to go to one of the second tier QBs like Drew Lock or Daniel Jones.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 03-31-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I’m not opposed to a trade down at all. I’ve stated that I like Germaine Pratt as well and he could be a great second round target for us. So picking up extra picks and grabbing him to help address our need in our LB corps works for me.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

1.ARI- Kyler Murray, QB
    2.SF- Nick Bosa, Edge
    3.NYJ- Josh Allen, Edge
    4.OAK- Quinnen Williams, DT
    5.TB- Devin White, LB
    6.NYG- Montez Sweat, DE
    7.WSH(JAX)- Dwayne Haskins, QB
    8.DET- Ed Oliver, DT
    9.BUF- Jawaan Taylor, OT
    10.DEN- Drew Lock, QB
    11.CIN- Rashan Gary, DE
    12.GB- TJ Hockenson, TE
    13.MIA- Andre Dillard, OT
    14.ATL- Christian Wilkins, DT
    15.JAX(WAS)- Jonah Williams, OT
    16.CAR- Brian Burns, DE
    17.NYG- DK Metcalf, WR
    18.MIN- Cody Ford, OL
    19.TEN- Noah Fant, TE
    20.PIT- Devin Bush, LB
    21.SEA- Greedy Williams, CB
    22.BAL- Clelin Ferrell, Edge
    23.HOU- Greg Little, OT
    24.OAK- Josh Jacobs, RB
    25.PHI- Dexter Lawrence, DT
    26.IND- Byron Murphy, CB
    27.OAK- DeAndre Baker, CB
    28.LAC- Dalton Risner, OL
    29.KC- Garrett Bradbury, C
    30.GB- Marquise Brown, WR
    31.LAR- Jeffery Simmons, DT
    32.NYG(ARI)(NE)- Daniel Jones, QB
    Believe In Now

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Let's say that Bush and White are gone but Hockenson, Byron Murphy (or another top CB) is available at 20. I would take either at 1.20 and then try to get Mack Wilson in the 2nd even if it requires a trade up. It's a lot less costly to do that in the 2nd.

Speaking of Mack Wilson, isn't it odd that he's the least athletic ILB (per combine and pro day results) out of Bush, White and himself but he has 6 INTs in 2 years while Bush and White only have 1 each? He's a good coverage ILB and some of his INTs are outstanding. It's pretty impressive for being "slow". Maybe better coverage technique and instincts than the other two? Who knows.
    It is an interesting stat. But Ryan Shazier only had 1 INT his whole college career and the INT leader for LBs last year, Alec Ogletree, also only had one his whole time at Georgia.

Wilson's sack numbers and 40 time scare me to rely on him. I'd rather just use Barron as a temporary ILB band-aid then use Wilson.
    Believe In Now

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sager View Post
    It is an interesting stat. But Ryan Shazier only had 1 INT his whole college career and the INT leader for LBs last year, Alec Ogletree, also only had one his whole time at Georgia.

Wilson's sack numbers and 40 time scare me to rely on him. I'd rather just use Barron as a temporary ILB band-aid then use Wilson.
    Interesting stat to be sure.

Be great to stand pat and still land one of our targets. And it would be nice to have a chance to use both those third round picks as well as all 10 picks.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 03-31-2019 at 02:51 PM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Michigan LB Devin Bush will be Steelers selection in Round 1 if available

Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst reports that the Steelers are zeroing in on Devin Bush in the first-round, with Texas A&M linebacker Tyrel Dodson their backup option

By Simon Chester
    Mar 31, 2019

While the NFL Draft is still four weeks away, it would appear that the Pittsburgh Steelers might have already tipped their hand about the player that interests them the most.

As per Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst when speaking on the site’s podcast earlier in the week, Pittsburgh sent a significant number of staff members to watch Michigan linebacker Devin Bush workout at his pro day, apparently making no effort to hide their obvious interest in him.

“This should come as a surprise to no one, but a Michigan coach, right after pro day, told me it looked like the Pittsburgh Steelers had ten coaches and scouts on hand for the Michigan pro day and they were all crowding around Bush the entire workout. Now, while the number of Steelers personnel people on hand at the pro day was probably an exaggeration, his point was not lost on me, and that is all signs point to the Pittsburgh Steelers selecting Devin Bush in the first round, if he’s available to them.”

“Kevin Colbert, the general manager of the Pittsburgh Steelers, was on hand for the Texas A&M pro day, and I’m told the team likes both Aggie linebackers Tyrel Dodson and Otaro Alaka. So I can see, if the Steelers lose out on Devin Bush in Round 1, maybe targeting Tyrel Dodson during the second day of the draft.”

“Dodson is a fast pursuit linebacker who’s not just a straight line guy. In fact I think he’s probably better latterly sideline to sideline than Devin Bush, I know a lot of people are going to disagree, but I think he’s got better range. He’s not as explosive, he’s not as hard hitting, he’s not as stout against the run, but I think he’s a better pursuit linebacker. So again, if they can’t get Bush in Round 1, they look at Dodson in Round 2 and they may have somebody in either of those guys to replace Ryan Shazier down the road.”

The Steelers potential interest in Bush will hardly be news to anyone, but the extent of their infatuation was less obvious before his pro day. And while Colbert’s trip to College Station for the Texas A&M pro day was no secret, his attendance does support Pauline’s suggestion that Pittsburgh has significant interest in Tyrel Dodson as well.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...nfl-draft-news

Legend

User Info Menu

So, how many times has Pauline got it right?

Chadman is not a conspiracy theorist, but it seems a little odd that the Steelers are THIS obvious...
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

Fix the Run Defence Mode:

1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    So, how many times has Pauline got it right?

Chadman is not a conspiracy theorist, but it seems a little odd that the Steelers are THIS obvious...
    smoke screen

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    smoke screen
    I damn well hope so. I'd be upset if our business leaked out. Colbert has a plan by now; an A, B, C, I would assume. I don't want any leaks.