Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Steelers preparing to for a big trade up in the draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman will agree that an ‘en force’ representation at WVU does suggest the Steelers are eying off players there. That said, the Colbert/Tomlin theory is that 1st round picks are selected by a dual representation at their Pro Day. Chadman hopes that none of the WVU guys are being looked at as 1st round types!

As an aside, how many TFL did Long have in his career? When selecting ILB’s, other than physical measurables, TFL has been a big indicator. This is where one of Chadman’s reservations about Bush comes in- far less TFL than Timmons, Shazier and even Sean Spence...
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

Fix the Run Defence Mode:

1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    As an aside, how many TFL did Long have in his career? When selecting ILB’s, other than physical measurables, TFL has been a big indicator. This is where one of Chadman’s reservations about Bush comes in- far less TFL than Timmons, Shazier and even Sean Spence...
    Bush had 18.5 TFL the last two seasons while Long had 35, almost twice as many.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    As a matter of fact, let me make this little adjustment for your ford also. See ya!

Fordfixer
    Legend

This message is hidden because Fordfixer is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list
    Ouch........or Boom!!!!!!

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Rookie

User Info Menu

That's nothing to be concerned by Chad. Shazier and Timmons were OLBs in their respective schemes and asked to cover flat routes or wide runs/toss runs by a RB. It's just natural that they found more TFLs. The only thing it might suggest anyway is either a lack of instinct or poor tackling. Bush is definitely a stout tackler and a violent thumper too. His instincts may not be elite, but he's certainly not a moron back there either.

If anything, the thing to worry about is his 5'11" frame getting eatin up by O-lineman on running plays. But honestly Shazier got eatin up a lot too so it's really just a sacrifice you gotta take. The Buck ILB should be the one taking on the lineman anyway.
    Believe In Now

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sager View Post
    That's nothing to be concerned by Chad. Shazier and Timmons were OLBs in their respective schemes and asked to cover flat routes or wide runs/toss runs by a RB. It's just natural that they found more TFLs. The only thing it might suggest anyway is either a lack of instinct or poor tackling. Bush is definitely a stout tackler and a violent thumper too. His instincts may not be elite, but he's certainly not a moron back there either.

If anything, the thing to worry about is his 5'11" frame getting eatin up by O-lineman on running plays. But honestly Shazier got eatin up a lot too so it's really just a sacrifice you gotta take. The Buck ILB should be the one taking on the lineman anyway.
    That’s a pretty good perspective Sugar. Honest too. So with that said , do you see Bush falling to us?
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Where does someone like Blake Cashman come into consideration?
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

Fix the Run Defence Mode:

1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Where does someone like Blake Cashman come into consideration?
    draftscout lists Cashman as an OLB projected to go in the 5th round.

http://www.draftscout.com/players.ph...&order=ASC

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sager View Post

I want nothing to do with drafting a ILB at 1.20 that is lacking instincts.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I second this motion! Just kidding...love ya, SMG.

Putting FF and me on ignore is like discrediting the New York Times and Washington Post as newspapers or ignoring NBC and CNN as networks.

Pretty soon the only opinions remaining are from Fox News and Breitbart and...well, that's about it.
    . Lol, nah I know I can sometimes. Iíve gotten a little soft in my old age. But honestly, I got nothing but love for my Steeler nation brothers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    . Lol, nah I know I can sometimes. Iíve gotten a little soft in my old age. But honestly, I got nothing but love for my Steeler nation brothers.
    Shawn, you and I don't always agree but I still like to see (hear) from your perspective. Because that's what it's all about. I don't think anyone should throw venom at others for their perspective. People agree to disagree all the time. That's called being "grown".

And time bears witness to all things. Time bears witness to who's perspective is the right perspective. Why can't we chill like Steelers brothers and just let time do it's thing?
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.