Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Steelers preparing to for a big trade up in the draft?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I'm ok with this because everyone is under the false notion that White will even be there at 10. CIN may move up as well just to screw the Steelers.
    Steelers could bet the farm to move up, and lose the prize. Especially since it has been so publicized who they are targeting. When they moved up to grab Troy, it was a stealthy thing.
    Not so today. No thanks.
    Wouldn't moving up and losing the prize insinuate the Steelers trade up prior to the draft? IF trading up is what they want to do they would only do so once it's clear their target would still be on the board.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

The difference between Bush and White is not 600 draft points.

I'd expect the team to move up to the top of the second round to grab another potential day-one starter, using our 2nd and OAK's 3rd.

If we draft Hockenson/Metcalf Rd. 1, move up in Rd. 2 to draft Mack Wilson.

If we draft Bush Rd. 1, move up in Rd. 2 to draft Irv Smith Jr/Campbell
    Believe In Now

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    Wouldn't moving up and losing the prize insinuate the Steelers trade up prior to the draft? IF trading up is what they want to do they would only do so once it's clear their target would still be on the board.
    During the draft.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Burficts release solidifies my gut feeling.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sager View Post
    The difference between Bush and White is not 600 draft points.

I'd expect the team to move up to the top of the second round to grab another potential day-one starter, using our 2nd and OAK's 3rd.

If we draft Hockenson/Metcalf Rd. 1, move up in Rd. 2 to draft Mack Wilson.

If we draft Bush Rd. 1, move up in Rd. 2 to draft Irv Smith Jr/Campbell
    This is more along the lines of what I would expect us to do.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Burficts release solidifies my gut feeling.
    This means that we have to jump ahead of the Bengals to get one of the Devin's. Pretty cocky of them to tip their hand like this. Colbert hasn't made a move up like that since TP; I hope he surprises them and does just that..jump up there during the draft.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    This means that we have to jump ahead of the Bengals to get one of the Devin's. Pretty cocky of them to tip their hand like this. Colbert hasn't made a move up like that since TP; I hope he surprises them and does just that..jump up there during the draft.
    This was always the case even before Burfiict's release.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Colbert hasn't made a move up like that since TP.
    The trade up for Santonio happened after the trade up for Polamalu.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Now you may be jumping Bengals for Bush not white.

That will cost our 1 & 2 plus...Or our 1 & both 3's plus. If they feel Bush is that once in a generation player...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Too bad AB to the Bills didn't work. We'd have had the #9 pick, and we'd be sitting good for getting our next stud mack LB.