Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Steelers preparing to for a big trade up in the draft?

Administrator

User Info Menu

I would stay put.

This draft is deep with defensive talent. I have no issue with Mack Wilson if both Bush and White are gone. In fact, Im not convinced Bush is a better ILB than Mack Wilson.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I would stay put.

This draft is deep with defensive talent. I have no issue with Mack Wilson if both Bush and White are gone. In fact, Im not convinced Bush is a better ILB than Mack Wilson.
    I agree. This is a draft the Steelers can pick up both defensive starters and depth if they keep all of their picks. The Steelers defensive bench is weak. They need to strike when the crop is abundant.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I would stay put.

The more film I look at of Bush and Wilson, the more I realize Wilson is the superior ILB. I have dropped Bush to an 85...and have Wilson as an 88.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dont really know much about Wilson but this scouting report isnt really favorable (3 opinions)

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/mack-wilson
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Dont really know much about Wilson but this scouting report isnt really favorable (3 opinions)

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/mack-wilson
    He's CJ Mosley but better in pass coverage

I completely disagree with the analysis on that site that he's not a 3 down LB.

I'm in SEC country so I've probably seen more Alabama games than most.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    My mind is confused trying to figure out how that sentence is supposed to be spoken with a simultaneous Texan and Australian accent somehow.
    I agree kinda makes my head hurt trying to figure it out, it might just be easier too put him on ignore.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mack Wilson is too inconsistent to me. Doesn't see it and go. Takes too long to read the play. Only 7 tackles for loss in 2 seasons. I wouldn't touch him before the 3rd. Bush had 18.5 tackles for loss in same period. Wilson had 1 sack and Bush 10. Wilson 105 tackles Bush 161. These guys are night and day, I'll take Bush all day. With all that beef up front Wilson should have been making plays all over the field.
    Last edited by steelerkeylargo; 03-18-2019 at 09:32 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Mack Wilson is too inconsistent to me. Doesn't see it and go. Takes too long to read the play. Only 7 tackles for loss in 2 seasons. I wouldn't touch him before the 3rd. Bush had 18.5 tackles for loss in same period. Wilson had 1 sack and Bush 10. Wilson 105 tackles Bush 161. These guys are night and day, I'll take Bush all day. With all that beef up front Wilson should have been making plays all over the field.
    Gotta agree with Key Largo on this one...Wilson isn't close to Bush!

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I've seen Wilson miss way too many tackles and Bush stop most everybody cold on their film to put them as equals. There pass-coverage is nearly equal, Bush is more athletic but they're both instinctive. Bush doesn't have the FF or INT for his stature though and I'm not sure why.
    Believe In Now

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

After reading whats been posted here on the last page or 2, I have more questions then before. Why does Bush get a bad rap then on some sites and by some posters? I didn't get to see him play in any games last year, as goes with Wilson at Alabama. I was thinking all along that Wilson and Bush were pretty close to the same type of player, but according to some on here, Wilson suks. lol

Maybe Bush actually is who they are targeting after all? Put me down for going up to get White though, but the price may be just too high. We'll just have to wait and see how the draft starts out and what happens to the QB's, etc.

We may have to move up a few slots to ensure we even get Bush. I love Ruthless's one scenario, where we get both Bush and the Iowa TE, back to back. That would be $
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion