Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign mark barron

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    After seeing that his play was subpar last year, this guy might not make it through camp.
    Wow, that is funny
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

no way he doesn't make it through camp with the signing bonus we gave him

I like this move

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Let's see the contract details when they come out. I am sure this will essentially be a 1 year contract that the Steelers can dump in year 2 should they wish.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

There is a reason Houston was cut by the Chiefs just like there’s a reason Barron was cut. In either case you’re most likely getting a player who’s on the decline. Has anyone signed Houston yet?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hey KEY LARGO, I like your mock, but where is the TE ... I would think Knox or Moreou in the 4th would be more logical than a RB.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Hey KEY LARGO, I like your mock, but where is the TE ... I would think Knox or Moreou in the 4th would be more logical than a RB.
    If they keep more picks a TE is in the cards. But with that scenario it just isn't. I'd rather have players that help win this year. A 5th round TE isn't one of those players. But for the record I like Kahale Waring of SDSU

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Seems to make a lot of splash plays.. seems to defend every blade of grass, whilst unleashing hell....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    no way he doesn't make it through camp with the signing bonus we gave him

I like this move
    I like it if he pans out to be a difference maker through camp. But what he did last year does give me pause.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    There is a reason Houston was cut by the Chiefs just like there’s a reason Barron was cut. In either case you’re most likely getting a player who’s on the decline. Has anyone signed Houston yet?
    That's the "pause" that I'm talking about.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Barron doesn't count against comp pick formula since he was released by the Rams. Addition of Moncrief/Nelson and departures of James/Fort might cancel each other out, but stage is set for Bell's NYJ deal to earn third-round pick.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 17, 2019
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.