Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Would You Trade Up to Get and Is It Possible?

Legend

User Info Menu

Who Would You Trade Up to Get and Is It Possible?

Curious who you guys would be willing to go up and get? And do you think we could realistically pull it off.

I really like some of the DLinemen and I'd trade up for several of the top guys because I see them as true difference makers that you could build around. If you can hit on a guy in the middle like Aaron Donald, I think that makes your entire D and you have to try to do it.

Football is won in the trenches. These skill players at WR, RB, CB, LB, etc. can't do squat without the right big uglies.

Look at it this way, Ray Lewis, was one of the best ILBs that have played in our division recently. I think he's smart, a hustler, and a great athlete, but I also don't think he would have been as close to his level of production without Ngata upfront.

Legend

User Info Menu

Devin White and that would be it....
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Devin White and that would be it....
    it would really benefit us to upgrade at the TE position.. but im not sure what it would take to move up to get hockenson or fant.... or if irv smith jr is worth a 1st

Legend

User Info Menu

Just my opinion, but while I like both the Devin's at ILB, I think there are enough questions about both that I would be hesitant to give up draft picks to go up and get them. If the front office is really sold on Devin White then I'd support a trade up but if I was the decision maker not sure I would do.

Now I would absolutely go up 5 picks to get TJ Hockenson. I think he is going to be a 10 year star in this league and could have near Gronk impact. Plus he fills a need for us to get another target in the passing game given the loss of both Bell and the a$$hole.

I think we can stick at #20 and get Noah Fant which I would be totally supportive of.

My logic may not be consistent but just my thoughts

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If.....and only if we can get another big name FA....like a Justin Houston,,,, I think we will look to be trading up for one of the Devin's. We wont let the 2 best ILB's be pulled out from under us like last year year. I would look to Buffalo at 1/9 as the prime spot. Buffalo has many holes and we have had some good talks with them recently (AB). I think a swap of 1st rounders and both our 3rd round picks get the deal done. That puts us in front of enough ILB needy teams to get White. If that deal cant get done look for a less aggressive move up to get Bush. Think 3 or 4 slots.

FA Signings- Donte Moncrief, Mark Barron and Steve Nelson

Trade 1/20-3/66-3/84 to BUF for 1/9
    Trade 5/142-6/194-6/207 to MIA for 4/116

2019 Draft

1/9-Devin White-ILB-LSU
    2/52-Chase Winovich-OLB-Mich
    4/116-David Sills-WR-WVU
    4/123-Bryce Love-RB-Stanford
    6/176-Corbin Kafusi-DE-BYU
    7/221-Curtis Bolton-LB-Oklahoma

Legend

User Info Menu

pretty solid analysis OVI. i guess if Fant is gone... perhaps we take Smith Jr in the 2nd.. or Sternberger with one of our 3s

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    If.....and only if we can get another big name FA....like a Justin Houston,,,, I think we will look to be trading up for one of the Devin's. We wont let the 2 best ILB's be pulled out from under us like last year year. I would look to Buffalo at 1/9 as the prime spot. Buffalo has many holes and we have had some good talks with them recently (AB). I think a swap of 1st rounders and both our 3rd round picks get the deal done. That puts us in front of enough ILB needy teams to get White. If that deal cant get done look for a less aggressive move up to get Bush. Think 3 or 4 slots.
    i think Balt will move further than that to get D. Bush

Legend

User Info Menu

Isnt the knock on Fant, that he's not a good blocker?
    I dont really know so i'm asking you guys who followed him...

Legend

User Info Menu

Lions scouts at Michigan Pro day..
    Looking at Bush??Gary??

Legend

User Info Menu