Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Houston?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If we get Houston look for a trade up in the 1st!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    If we get Houston look for a trade up in the 1st!!!
    No insight or insider info?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    No insight or insider info?
    Just start fleshing out the roster. No need for 10 draft picks. If we get Houston we need

1 Rb
    1 WR
    1 interior OL
    1 TE
    1 DE
    2 ILB
    1 CB
    1 S

Of those 9 only ILB is a starting position need. I'd be expecting a trade up in the 1st to target one of the Devin's. They wont sit back and watch what happened to them last year again.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Cant cut Bud im pretty sure
    He'd be a 9.2 million cap hit
    im definitely not a "Cap" guy per se. I'm sure what you guys are saying is true. If that's the case, and he has zero dead money on a trade...that might be the most logical option. I'm not sure we are keeping him, Chick, and Houston. Could be wrong though.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Per Dale Lolley a Steeler reporter on twitter, “The Steelers might not be quite done in free agency. All I can say at this time. #Steelers #dkps”

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Something tells me the Steelers are restructuring BEN and possibly extending HADEN which would free up money this yr.

Houston will be insurance if Bud does what Jarvis Jones didn't do under his option. If Dupree does what he was drafted to do then HOUSTON will be a situational guy.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Very intresting news. Here is my spin...

Could we be in the works of trading Bud to Jets for Darron Lee. I am making this assumption. First is we didn't try to match Fort regardless of need. Secondly, the news of them trying to sign Barr and get away from Lee. Finally, there was no reports of us ever trying to sign Bud long term as of yet.
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Very intresting news. Here is my spin...

Could we be in the works of trading Bud to Jets for Darron Lee. I am making this assumption. First is we didn't try to match Fort regardless of need. Secondly, the news of them trying to sign Barr and get away from Lee. Finally, there was no reports of us ever trying to sign Bud long term as of yet.
    good call...thats why i felt we were in the process of upgrading at ILB as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, if this Houston deal is going to happen, it's about time, since we are now past midnight. Yesterday, the Moncrief signing was announced shortly after midnight. This past weekend, the AB trade was announced shortly after midnight. Colbert's burning the midnight oil lately. When it comes to searching for big Steeler news this week, refreshing your browser from bed seems be more fruitful than checking the interwebz when the sun is out.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Well, if this Houston deal is going to happen, it's about time, since we are now past midnight. Yesterday, the Moncrief signing was announced shortly after midnight. This past weekend, the AB trade was announced shortly after midnight. Colbert's burning the midnight oil lately. When it comes to searching for big Steeler news this week, refreshing your browser from bed seems be more fruitful than checking the interwebz when the sun is out.
    Probably gonna take some cap restructuring to make this deal happen.
    We will see.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!