Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fort to the Eagles

Backup

User Info Menu

Fort to the Eagles

L.J. Fort signs 3-year deal with the Eagles per ESPN.

Legend

User Info Menu

Decent get for the Eagles.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Look for a ILB signing in the next few days.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Fort wasn’t terrible. Chickillo gets on my last nerve.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't pay either guy $4 million per year (and I have no idea what Fort signed for), but if I was forced to give that amount of money to one guy, it would be Fort, not Chickillo.

Backup

User Info Menu

3-year, can reach up to $10M. $1.9M in guarantees.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I wouldn't pay either guy $4 million per year (and I have no idea what Fort signed for), but if I was forced to give that amount of money to one guy, it would be Fort, not Chickillo.
    I agree.........
    From the 2010-2018 season, (8 years after Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This loss stings a bit. Not that Fort is irreplacable, but he was the only ILB on the roster that was good in coverage last year. So now we really need to get two such players -- one to be a starter and one to have as a reserve.
    Post AB-trade Mock
    1: R1P20 -- CB Byron Murphy, Washington
    2: R2P20 -- LB Mack Wilson, Alabama
    3: R3P2 -- S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Florida
    4: R3P19 -- TE Jace Sternberger, Texas A&M
    5: R4P20 -- RB Justice Hill, Oklahoma St.
    6: R5P3 -- LB Khalil Hodge, Buffalo
    7: R6P2 -- WR Damarkus Lodge, Ole Miss
    8: R6P19 -- WR Darius Slayton, Auburn
    9: R6P34 -- EDGE Maxx Crosby, E. Michigan
    10: R7P5 -- G Oliseameka Udoh, Elon

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I liked fort but obviously the coaches didn't

when they signed sean Spence off his couch to come in and start over him was all anyone needed to see. what a brilliant move that was

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    This loss stings a bit. Not that Fort is irreplacable, but he was the only ILB on the roster that was good in coverage last year. So now we really need to get two such players -- one to be a starter and one to have as a reserve.
    Here's my guess... #1.) we sign a FA to upgrade over Fort.. #2.) we draft an ILB early. #3.) We cut Dirty Red to make room for the new acquisitions.