Thread: Fort to the Eagles

Starter

User Info Menu

Wtf is so special about Chickello?

I liked Forte.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    We cut Dirty Red to make room for the new acquisitions.
    Dude is in the last year of a 7th round rookie deal. He literally will take up less than half of one percent of the cap. And he's a core special teamer.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Dude is in the last year of a 7th round rookie deal. He literally will take up less than half of one percent of the cap. And he's a core special teamer.
    Fair enough. Looks like Dirty Red is our #1 backup heading into the draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dirty Red; good LB above the neck; tortoise below the neck.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

When I was talking about "Making room".. I was talking about a roster spot. He's obviously not going to hurt us in terms of a cap hit. Without looking at the numbers... I'd bet Shazier will be making more than Red this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    When I was talking about "Making room".. I was talking about a roster spot. He's obviously not going to hurt us in terms of a cap hit. Without looking at the numbers... I'd bet Shazier will be making more than Red this year.
    Well, that wouldn't have to be decided until after the 4th preseason game.
    We don't need to cut Matakevich now to add new blood at LB.
    Add some linebackers and let them battle it out in Latrobe.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We really need to hear from the Zach Brown Band now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Eagles sign LB L.J. Fort (3 years, $10.5 million; $1.9 million guaranteed): A- Grade

Teams that splurge on the first or second days of free agency often regret the decisions they make. It's usually better to wait a bit for great bargains, and that's exactly what the Eagles did by signing L.J. Fort.

Fort is not a game-changing linebacker by any means, but he's a solid player. He's particularly effective in run support. He's a liability in coverage, so he should only play two downs, but the Eagles are paying him as if they're going to use him in that fashion.

This signing should definitely be in the "A" range. The Eagles are desperate for linebackers after losing Jordan Hicks, so acquiring Fort is a nice step toward filling that need.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents...8tOHL3rS3Vo.99

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Shoulda traded either Bince or Bostic and kept Fort, IMO.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Football

He's a liability in coverage, so he should only play two downs, but the Eagles are paying him as if they're going to use him in that fashion.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents...8tOHL3rS3Vo.99
    What? He's better in coverage than Bince and Bostic are. Otherwise the Steelers wouldn't have used him the way they did.