Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eli Rogers and Fat Dan re up

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    He's a back up and was resigned to be a depth player. That type of player only needs to sign flashes

The team is getting what they want for what they want
    He was noticeably improved last year... but im not sure what that means exactly. Perhaps with better ILB play... we will feel better about Big Dan swallowing up blockers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that the McCullers deal is worth $2.75 million for 2 years.
    Trade 1.20, 3.66, 5.141, & a 3rd round pick in 2020 to BUF for 1.9

1.9 ILB Devin White
    2.52 WR Kelvin Harmon
    3.83 OLB Chase Winovich
    4.122 TE Josh Oliver
    6.175 FS Marquis Blair
    6.192 RB Travis Homer
    6.207 OG Hjalte Froholdt
    7.219 DE Armon Watts

or

Trade 2.52, 3.66, 3.83, & 5.141 to SEA for 1.21 & 4.124

1.20 TE T.J. Hockenson
    1.21 ILB Devin Bush
    4.122 OLB Christian Miller
    4.124 WR David Sills
    6.175 FS Marquis Blair
    6.192 RB Travis Homer
    6.207 OG Hjalte Froholdt
    7.219 DE Armon Watts

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that the McCullers deal is worth $2.75 million for 2 years.
    These deals have always driven me nuts with the Steelers. If you sign him to a qualifying veteran minimum deal, with the reduced cap hit, I have no issue like that. But the small increment over the minimum ends up eating significantly more cap space. And this is for a guy who is a serviceable backup and easily replaceable.

Starter

User Info Menu

After 6 years are they going to shrink him from 6'8" , and teach him how to stay low, and not stand straight up?...

Instead of 6'8" 350...I want a guy 6'0" 350...A blob like Hampton ( but who could still move ) and was unable to be moved...

He demanded a double team, thus freeing up our ILB's...Maybe that is also hurting our ILB'er play

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    After 6 years are they going to shrink him from 6'8" , and teach him how to stay low, and not stand straight up?...

Instead of 6'8" 350...I want a guy 6'0" 350...A blob like Hampton ( but who could still move ) and was unable to be moved...

He demanded a double team, thus freeing up our ILB's...Maybe that is also hurting our ILB'er play
    i agree with the concepts you presented... but im not sure hes on the field enough to justify the ILB play

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't like that they signed DH, but it really isn't that big a deal. You need players at the bottom of the roster who come in and play 8-12 snaps a game, and he knows the D and is on the roster for cheap.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    My guess is that the contract is structured so he can be cut easily.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post

6’8, 350 is offensive tackle size. A move to the other side of the ball is probably the only hope left for that bum.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    68, 350 is offensive tackle size. A move to the other side of the ball is probably the only hope left for that bum.
    He is annoying AF. If I was 6-8 350 everyone would have my jersey. What a waste of genetics.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They both may not make the 53 so we can revisit this during camp or in the pre-season. We'll know a bunch more after the draft but not for sure if they stick till August.