Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign WR Donte Moncrief on 2 year deal

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    He's not out there. He was benched and then deactivated. I don't have a problem with the coaches giving him some time to try and work through it. When it was clear that he couldn't, they took the appropriate action. I don't see any issue with how the team handled him.
    Yeah, it's not like we are still targeting the dude 15 times per game in spite of the struggles...

He had an awful debut game with four drops. It was horrendous, but it was one game. Got to give the dude another chance.

Then when he dropped Mason Rudolph's first pass against Seattle, resulting in an INT, he rode pine for the rest of the game.

He watched the game against the Niners in street clothes.

He got a helmet against Cincy, but only saw the field for a grand total of 3 offensive snaps and wasn't targeted all night.

Damn this coaching staff for continuing to let him back out there when he continues to be a liability!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, it's not like we are still targeting the dude 15 times per game in spite of the struggles...

He had an awful debut game with four drops. It was horrendous, but it was one game. Got to give the dude another chance.

Then when he dropped Mason Rudolph's first pass against Seattle, resulting in an INT, he rode pine for the rest of the game.

He got a helmet against Cincy, but only saw the field for a grand total of 3 offensive snaps and wasn't targeted all night.

Damn this coaching staff for continuing to let him back out there when he continues to be a liability!
    There is serious fan drool for getting Goodgrief cut and keeping the comp pick.
    So if he doesn't make another play in a Steelers uniform not sure a tear will be shed.
    So the question is if we ignore all his issues from this season and only look at past stats, assume he returns to that state, is he worth a 3rd rd pick?
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 10-02-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Enough with the facts. You are making it hard to perpetuate the anti-Head Coach narrative

Legend

User Info Menu

The Eagles cut LJ Fort, which now impacts the comp pick for Bell. If the Steelers want to get that comp pick back, they need to release Moncrief before week 10. I'd do it today just to make sure he doesn't injury himself.

Administrator

User Info Menu

So, we should just continue to use up a roster spot instead of trying to improve the team. How long should that go on for?

Next thing you know, we'll let a high potential player like Skipper go for Chickillo. Oh wait...

Thats brilliant.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm fine with how the coaching staff handled Moncrief. But now that things have changed in the comp formula with Fort being released, I think the FO needs to step in and cut the cord. Given his salary and the team's cap position, there is no chance he is back next year. So the question is would you trade a third round comp pick, or even a fourth, for 12 games of Moncrief? I certainly would not.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'm fine with how the coaching staff handled Moncrief. But now that things have changed in the comp formula with Fort being released, I think the FO needs to step in and cut the cord. Given his salary and the team's cap position, there is no chance he is back next year. So the question is would you trade a third round comp pick, or even a fourth, for 12 games of Moncrief? I certainly would not.
    Yes, check please!
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    As soon as the Fort news became public, my initial response was to cut Moncrief, bring back Eli Rogers, gain 3rd round pick next year. So I agree with you there.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...omp-Pick/page2

My post above was in response to a statement that our coaches were continuing to let Moncrief back out there when he continues to be a liability. Seemed to me like our coaches' response to his poor play early on was pretty much the appropriate reaction.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

As soon as the Fort news became public, my initial response was to cut Moncrief, bring back Eli Rogers, gain 3rd round pick next year. So I agree with you there.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...omp-Pick/page2

My post above was in response to a statement that our coaches were continuing to let Moncrief back out there when he continues to be a liability. Seemed to me like our coaches' response to his poor play early on was pretty much the appropriate reaction.
    But your coach isn't trying to get that comp pick back and he isn't trying to make the wr corp stronger. All he did was bench him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It’s a long season. Probably want to wait a few weeks to see if he responds to adversity or maybe it’s just insurance short term.

Knock on wood but what If JuJu or Johnson get hurt in the next few weeks???

Is there a deadline for comp picks? Maybe we cut him right before that date?