Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign WR Donte Moncrief on 2 year deal

Backup

User Info Menu

https://youtu.be/TGvkYsWzQ0g

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    He’s a deep threat, a player to take the top of the D, opening things up for JuJu, Switzer and Rogers, but also doesn’t take away the possibility of drafting another WR, just means there’s no dire ‘need’ to do it. So far the 2 FA signings have been solid.

Overlook his stats last season as he had the worst combination of QB’s in the NFL throwing to him.

One positive, he had some success playing with Andrew Luck, who scrambles and extends plays something like what Ben can do. Steelers WR’s need to be flexible enough in their mind to break off routes, throw in double moves etc, to get separation in those instances, which he has shown he can do.
    I think we will absolutely draft a WR in the first three round. Let me rephrase "a WR or TE." I prefer an early pick on a potentially elite TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Very good signing! It does move WR need lower in priority to mid round now. Starting to shape out what the Steelers are targeting the most in the first two rounds.. besides best player available, of course.
    It certainly is. I am fine with the Browns, Raiders, Ravens etc stealing the offseason headlines. We are quietly making some very good moves early on in FA. This certainly gives us a more clearer path to our draft choices, and allows some of our younger guys more time to develop. Kudos to the FO for a job well done. Now all we need is a draft comparable to the 2017 class (3 pro-bowlers this year).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is a great value add. Takes the pressure off to draft a WR to quickly. Ju Ju, Moncrief and Washington to start the year. I’ll take it.

Ran a 4.4 40 at the combine. Good for third fastest WR that year (2014). He’s got deep speed.

The last 2 years have been frustrating for him – Luck was hurt all year in ‘17 and then last year Bortles was his QB. He probably feels as if he crested a desert hill and just found an oasis!

Best Season – 2015 (2nd in league): 64 catches / 733 yards / 6 TDs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think we will absolutely draft a WR in the first three round. Let me rephrase "a WR or TE." I prefer an early pick on a potentially elite TE
    I think the Moncrief signing shifts that towards a TE. Outside of the top 3 (Hockensen, Fant, Smith Jr).... I believe a very good prospect will be there in round 3 when we pick. A '"Plug and play" guy.
    Last edited by Ernie; 03-14-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Me too; I’m feeling really good about what our first 4 picks can be. Just hope & pray we get 2 linebackers out of the first 4 picks. That would be ideal.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He was the first visitor we brought in during the 2014 Official visits:

1 Donte Moncreif WR Mississippi 6-2/221 4/1/14 2-3
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

20 S DARNELL SAVAGE MARYLAND
    52 OLB CHASE WINOWICH MICHIGAN
    66 WR MYLES BOYKIN NOTRE DAME
    84 RB JUSTICE HILL OKLAHOMA ST.
    123 ILB DAVID LONG JR. WEST VIRGINIA
    142 OLB MAXX CROSBY E. MICHIGAN
    176 WR GARY JENNINGS JR. WEST VIRGINIA
    194 DL DANIEL WISE KANSAS
    209 TE TREVON WESCO WEST VIRGINIA
    221K MATT GAY UTAH

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good Signing. Now we should be done with calculated contracts. Bargain Time & non-calculated contracts. Need Insurance, depth, & camp comp. See what Barron & Brown will cost. Houston or Perry. Need a DT go get McGee. If Burnett on way out see what Cyprien cost. Pick up phone put offers out there. These are the type of signings now that created good depth & competition.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 03-14-2019 at 08:41 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Good Signing. Now we should be done with calculated contracts. Bargain Time & non-calculated contracts. Need Insurance, depth, & camp comp. See what Barron & Brown will cost. Houston or Perry. Need a DT go get McGee. If Burnett on way out see what Cyprien cost. Pick up phone put offers out there. These are the type of signings now that created good depth & competition.
    Here here ....
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The pink elephant is still in the room. The giant need at ILB.