Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign WR Donte Moncrief on 2 year deal

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Did anyone draft Moncrief in fantasy? Lmao.

Itís early but whew. I would bench him or cut him on my FF
    I've got him on my roster. He's stashed next to Limas Sweed. It's a keeper league

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I've started him the last 2 weeks on defense. The dude is killing it. 5 passes defended and an int.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I've started him the last 2 weeks on defense. The dude is killing it. 5 passes defended and an int.
    lol.......

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Donte Moncrief will be inactive on Sunday
    By Mike Florio | Sep 22, 2019, 12:38 PM EDT

Two weeks ago, receiver Donte Moncrief started the season as a starter for the Steelers. Now? Not.

Not only is Moncrief not a starter, he won’t even be in uniform. Mike Garafolo of the NFL reports that Moncrief will be inactive on Sunday at San Francisco.

Moncrief caught three passes on 10 targets in Week One, and he had no catches in Week Two. His performance included a volleyball bump to a Seattle defensive back.

Rookie Diontae Johnson has replaced Donte Moncrief in the starting lineup. Someone needs to step up across from JuJu Smith-Schuster.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

So some players are whining about guaranteed contracts not really being guaranteed but when the players stink it up you don't hear them volunteer to give the money back.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    So some players are whining about guaranteed contracts not really being guaranteed but when the players stink it up you don't hear them volunteer to give the money back.
    Exactly.
    There's a reason teams cut players or ask them to redo their contract. It's because they underplayed their contract.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Tomlin: Donte Moncrief needs to be ready when boomerang comes back around

Posted by Josh Alper on October 1, 2019, 3:14 PM EDT

The Steelers had wide receiver Donte Moncrief on the active roster for Monday night’s game against the Bengals after leaving him inactive in Week Three, but Moncrief didn’t play much of a role.

Moncrief was in on three offensive snaps and didn’t catch a pass on any of them. He’d been benched after dropping five passes in the first two weeks of the season and head coach Mike Tomlin said on Tuesday that the veteran needs to stay prepared for more action in the future.

“I like his attitude and work,” Tomlin said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “You don’t have to be in this a long time to realize the boomerang comes back around. He needs to be ready for it when it does.”

One way that boomerang could come back to Moncrief would be someone else falling out of favor. One way that happens is through turnovers like the early fumble by rookie Diontae Johnson on Monday, but Johnson recovered to catch six passes for 77 yards and a touchdown.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/01/mike-tomlin-donte-moncrief-needs-to-be-ready-when-boomerang-comes-back-around/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This guy sucked in preseason
    Hes sucked in regular season.
    There's no way hes worth sacrificing a 3rd Round Comp.
    I'm certain he has 1 more shot and I'll be hoping he comes up big when it's time. But I won't be holding my breath.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    This guy sucked in preseason
    Hes sucked in regular season.
    There's no way hes worth sacrificing a 3rd Round Comp.
    I'm certain he has 1 more shot and I'll be hoping he comes up big when it's time. But I won't be holding my breath.
    Did you see JuJu trying to hype him up...

His body language said “I’m still in the dog house dude”

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    As long as they aren’t dogging it I don’t see why they would.

If I work a gig and have a bad week I’m not giving that money back.

IMO that’s a mistake by the FO thinking a guy had value when he was a bum.