Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign WR Donte Moncrief on 2 year deal

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I can't complain. He fills a need.

A speedy, young vet, who played well with played with Luck. IT was so long ago, I can't recall how he played with a good QB. Not sure who the 3rd WR, nor TE (Doyle?), nor RB was.

This was a pretty weak class of outside FA WRs... T. Williams, Moncrief, and Conley were the top 3. Not sure why Indy signed Funches( sp) over Moncrief. I thought that maybe TY and Luck would endorse a reunion.

The key to this signing is :

JuJu keep takes over asWR#1 and keeps improving.
    And hope his contract is friendly.

Legend

User Info Menu

great signing. gives us more flexibity to take a WR a little later on if needed... slides TE up the draft board for us also

Legend

User Info Menu

I don’t know much about him. Is he a slot receiver? I’m assuming he’s not a #2 type receiver but would help in 4/5 WR sets?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I don’t know much about him. Is he a slot receiver? I’m assuming he’s not a #2 type receiver but would help in 4/5 WR sets?
    He's listed at 6'2" and is known for taking the top off of defenses. I'd have to think he would fit in well for us as a #2. We should be set at the slot..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    He's listed at 6'2" and is known for taking the top off of defenses. I'd have to think he would fit in well for us as a #2. We should be set at the slot..
    Thanks Ernie. Sounds like a cheaper version of Golden Tate. We need a burner.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wait, the Steelers signed another FA? I thought Colbert was too busy watching the Pirates in FL. I guess when you have a pen and a phone you can multitask?

Oh, and I thought no FAs would ever sign with Pittsburgh again. You know, because we treat our players so badly.
    Last edited by RobinCole; 03-14-2019 at 07:47 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Thanks Ernie. Sounds like a cheaper version of Golden Tate. We need a burner.
    Nice thing is, he's been in the league 5 or 6 years... but is only 25-26 years old. I could see him having a breakout season with us this year.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Nice thing is, he's been in the league 5 or 6 years... but is only 25-26 years old. I could see him having a breakout season with us this year.
    Me too. I’ve been kinda admiring him from his Indy days. On paper, he was always poised for a big year but would have injuries. But with the way we use Wr’s I could see he and juju being 1 & 1a. I thought he had the next best free agent potential behind Williams. This is a good, good get for us.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Very good signing! It does move WR need lower in priority to mid round now. Starting to shape out what the Steelers are targeting the most in the first two rounds.. besides best player available, of course.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Wait, the Steelers signed another FA? I thought Colbert was too busy watching the Pirates in FL. I guess when you have a pen and a phone you can multitask?

Oh, and I thought no FAs would ever sign with Pittsburgh again. You know, because we treat our players so badly.
    Yeah... that’s a terrible nerrative out there about us. We pay and treat our guys very well.