Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign WR Donte Moncrief on 2 year deal

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    JuJu even admitted its easier with Brown on the field because he got a ton of attention.

I’m sorry, I loved the JuJu pick but I’m not as confident as some are when it comes to him being the #1 target.
    Juju was being a respectful teammate supporting his fellow Steeler.
    Brown would do well to learn from the kid.

AS SOON AS BROWN WAS GONE?

No more feeding Brown's insatiable ego.
    Sure dont look like a guy with any concern Brown's departure will hurt his game.

"I'm Ready"
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-20-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Let me add the following predictions:

1. Jujus number INCREASE across the board
    2. Juju is not just a legit starter....he is AGAIN a Pro Bowler

Why do I KNOW this?

You got it backwards. Ben's over-reliance on Brown "diminished" the production of other receivers.
    Landry Jones plays and suddenly Martavous was a beast.

Let me add a third prediction:
    3. Juju's production is superior to Brown's

Why? The QB does more to "make the receiver" than the other way around.
    Mark my words Dizz, it will absolutely happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Let me add the following predictions:

The QB does more to "make the receiver" than the other way around.
    Mark my words Dizz, it will absolutely happen.
    And this is why Brown's numbers in Oakland will go down. Because the quarterback does more to make the receiver then the other way around. Carr isn't Ben.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

When has a young receiver overtaken a legendary under 30 teammate in catches and yards been unable to withstand the departure of the legend?
    When ever has the coverage given to the number one receiver resulted in a teammate having superior catch and yardage?

What I'm saying Dizz is that YOU CANNOT DO WHAT JUJU DID with a HOFer if you arent a legit number one talent.
    It has NEVER HAPPENED.

If some kid has more yardage AND catches next season than a healthy Julio Jones......better believe that kid is a LEGIT number one.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-20-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    And this is why Brown's numbers in Oakland will go down. Because the quarterback does more to make the receiver then the other way around. Carr isn't Ben.
    perhaps, but I think AB will be one of the league leaders in targets which will keep his numbers up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Juju's contested catch rate is what I bank on going forward. Guy doesn't need to be wide open to make a catch. And being #1, there will be tighter coverage. Bank on it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    perhaps, but I think AB will be one of the league leaders in targets which will keep his numbers up.
    You can be initially targeted all you want; but if the qb sees double coverage, most QBs are going to go find a single covered option instead. I get what your saying but Carr isn’t Ben in getting the ball into some rediculous places where only the Wr can make the play. Remember, they have Tyrell Williams on the other side and that slot WR from Clemson. No need to force anything.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    When has a young receiver overtaken a legendary under 30 teammate in catches and yards been unable to withstand the departure of the legend?
    When ever has the coverage given to the number one receiver resulted in a teammate having superior catch and yardage?

What I'm saying Dizz is that YOU CANNOT DO WHAT JUJU DID with a HOFer if you arent a legit number one talent.
    It has NEVER HAPPENED.

If some kid has more yardage AND catches next season than a healthy Julio Jones......better believe that kid is a LEGIT number one.
    We shall see, but don’t be discouraged if JuJu isn’t lighting it up like you expected rarely on.

JuJu I definitely a great WR but you can’t overlook all the attention AB received as our #1.

Legend

User Info Menu

You can be initially targeted all you want; but if the qb sees double coverage, most QBs are going to go find a single covered option instead. I get what your saying but Carr isn’t Ben in getting the ball into some rediculous places where only the Wr can make the play. Remember, they have Tyrell Williams on the other side and that slot WR from Clemson. No need to force anything.
    For the record, Hunter Renfrow is a rookie 5th round pick and Tyrell Williams caught 41 passes in 16 games last season, and 43 passes in 16 games the year before that. On the other hand, Antonio Brown has caught over 100 passes for 6 straight seasons.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You can be initially targeted all you want; but if the qb sees double coverage, most QBs are going to go find a single covered option instead. I get what your saying but Carr isnít Ben in getting the ball into some rediculous places where only the Wr can make the play. Remember, they have Tyrell Williams on the other side and that slot WR from Clemson. No need to force anything.
    Half the time Ben wasnít even threading needles. Just tossing it up and letting AB go up and get it.

If Carr is mart he will throw into double coverage more often than he normally would with other WRís. It wonít always work out but more times than not AB is going to win the battle.