Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bud Dupree to receive entire $9.2 million salary for 2019

Legend

User Info Menu

This is similar to when the board bitched and moaned about Max Starks not being worth the transition tag that was placed on him once upon a time, but we ultimately ended up signing him to a longer term extension and he had a solid not spectacular career in Pittsburgh.

Dupree may never blossom into a Joey Porter level OLB here, but maybe he could be a Clark Haggans type or maybe what Jason Worilds might have been had he not abruptly retired.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    The Ravens sign Ingram and Thomas. We know what the Browns did. We resign this bum, someone even worse, and a punter. Oh, also a CB that was part of the worst secondary in the league. Good times. Go team!
    Earl Thomas and Mark Ingram are both turning 30 this year. Thomas is entering his 10th NFL season and Ingram his 9th. Baltimore is paying a lot of money for a couple of oft-injured guys on the back nines of their careers. Our signings so far are young guys entering the prime years of their NFL careers.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Put OLB high on the list for the draft if it wasn't ready.

BPA at OLB, ILB or CB.

Instead, we'll probably draft another 3rd round rated safety.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Earl Thomas and Mark Ingram are both turning 30 this year. Thomas is entering his 10th NFL season and Ingram his 9th. Baltimore is paying a lot of money for a couple of oft-injured guys on the back nines of their careers. Our signings so far are young guys entering the prime years of their NFL careers.
    Who cares? This 'rebuilding for the future' stuff isn't all it's cracked up to be. The league just isn't like that anymore. Plus, we have 2 years max till Ben's gone, our line needs replaced, etc. Youth is fine, but we're a team that shouldn't be shying away from possible impact players because they're 30 years old

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Put OLB high on the list for the draft if it wasn't ready.

BPA at OLB, ILB or CB.

Instead, we'll probably draft another 3rd round rated safety.
    I'd be fine with that if it's in the 3rd Rd.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Nelson the individual CB, cant lump him into the whole KC defense.
    The rest is just wasted $$$$ on our part IMO
    I hope Chick and Berry's $$$ isnt guaranteed.
    Next thing you know they'll give McCullers a new deal...
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I beginning to think Colbert may have a concussion like AB...
    Signing Berry and Chickillo and this now?
    Dorsey of Cleveland is really outperforming Colbert for the last year or so.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Ruth, Ben has two years left. Then our immediate window is closed.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Browns had a lot more $$$$ than us Steel.
    Kind of easy to do when you have the cash.
    Browns still have to go through training camp and a season before they are dubbed the team to beat
    As long as Bens here we still have a chance
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    If L.T. Walton doesn’t resign then Chickillo and Dupree will be the only 2015 draft picks still left on the roster. That speaks volumes about how bad that draft turned out to be.
    I think it was nfl network that said Green Bay has none or one of there own 2015 picks left. I think all the FA players they signed were 2015 picks. And for the Steelers Nelson was 2015 also. Guess this is the way to fix bad drafts. Get guys you liked from that draft on there second contract.