Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AB-Raiders press meeting delay!

Legend

User Info Menu

Jon Gruden, Antonio Brown had a pre-trade film session
    By Mike Florio | Mar 13, 2019, 9:00 PM EDT

The Raiders are trying to get better, and strict compliance with the plain language of all rules may take a back seat to that goal.

The evidence first emerged on Monday, when the Raiders somehow negotiated a four-year, $66 million deal with Patriots tackle Trent Brown in a matter of minutes. Unless Brown pounced on an opening offer faster than Kramer negotiating a hot coffee settlement, the Raiders were talking to Brown’s agents before the window for permissible negotiating opened.

On Tuesday came Antonio Brown‘s claim on social media that he would be visiting the facility to meet coaches and work out with Derek Carr (they eventually worked out away from Raiders property), which seemed to violate the narrow permission that the Raiders had received from the Steelers to conduct a pre-trade physical.

During Antonio Brown’s introductory press conference on Wednesday, another curiosity emerged. Brown and Gruden had a pre-trade film session.

“Jon had 400 clips of Antonio in the office,” G.M. Mike Mayock said. “I walked in this morning, the two of them were sitting in there like little kids watching 400 cutups of Antonio. Everything he did. Everything. I mean, they were like little kids in a laboratory.”

While the Steelers continue to have no comment on Brown’s interactions with the Raiders before Brown officially became a member of the Raiders, it continues to be our understanding that the Steelers allowed the Raiders only to conduct a physical of Brown. The NFL also has no comment on whether the Raiders violated any rules by using the hours before the trade became official as an opportunities to do something that Gruden simply couldn’t do before the start of the offseason with any player: Sit in an office and study film.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

The raiders and brown had to come up with his brilliant plan of devaluing his trade market. That is what pisses me off all though it's just my opinion

Starter

User Info Menu

How long before we arenít supposed to care about Brown?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    How long before we aren’t supposed to care about Brown?
    that ship has sailed... same with Lev Bell

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Jon Gruden, Antonio Brown had a pre-trade film session
    By Mike Florio | Mar 13, 2019, 9:00 PM EDT

The Raiders are trying to get better, and strict compliance with the plain language of all rules may take a back seat to that goal.

The evidence first emerged on Monday, when the Raiders somehow negotiated a four-year, $66 million deal with Patriots tackle Trent Brown in a matter of minutes. Unless Brown pounced on an opening offer faster than Kramer negotiating a hot coffee settlement, the Raiders were talking to Brown’s agents before the window for permissible negotiating opened.

On Tuesday came Antonio Brown‘s claim on social media that he would be visiting the facility to meet coaches and work out with Derek Carr (they eventually worked out away from Raiders property), which seemed to violate the narrow permission that the Raiders had received from the Steelers to conduct a pre-trade physical.

During Antonio Brown’s introductory press conference on Wednesday, another curiosity emerged. Brown and Gruden had a pre-trade film session.

“Jon had 400 clips of Antonio in the office,” G.M. Mike Mayock said. “I walked in this morning, the two of them were sitting in there like little kids watching 400 cutups of Antonio. Everything he did. Everything. I mean, they were like little kids in a laboratory.”

While the Steelers continue to have no comment on Brown’s interactions with the Raiders before Brown officially became a member of the Raiders, it continues to be our understanding that the Steelers allowed the Raiders only to conduct a physical of Brown. The NFL also has no comment on whether the Raiders violated any rules by using the hours before the trade became official as an opportunities to do something that Gruden simply couldn’t do before the start of the offseason with any player: Sit in an office and study film.
    I knew we’d get one of their first round picks eventually.

Actually I don’t care. Just be gone.

Legend

User Info Menu

So it's OK for Mayock to call Brown a 'kid' and no hurt feelings..... but Colbert is so disrespectful...go figure. All an act to force the trade with the Steelers...

Glad that guy is gone for good.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    So it's OK for Mayock to call Brown a 'kid' and no hurt feelings..... but Colbert is so disrespectful...go figure. All an act to force the trade with the Steelers...

Glad that guy is gone for good.
    It’s the context. Saying “Ben and 52 kids” was the problem. That makes it sound like Ben is the father.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Iím torturing myself by watching. AB got a haircut and doesnít look like Coolio anymore. Heís still a putz.
    Because it was all a rusz concocted by Rosenhaus. Look and act crazy, say crazy stuff, all to devalue the players value in trade negotiations.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Y'all just mad because AB had the cojones to get out of this, now, train-wreck of an organization - led by the anointed genius and leader, Ben Roethlisberger! He refused to bow-down to the hypocrisy and recognized an underachieving, entitled, lazy QB who refused to put in the work to be great and lead this talented team to a championship!! Remember, Ben has been an acting diva a lot longer than AB!! AB has been unfairly mocked and criticized throughout this ordeal. Some warranted and some, not! But we all know it takes two to tango - and after listening to Kevin Colbert spewing his unmitigated ignorance, I understand exactly why AB lit himself on fire to get out of here! Steelers brought all of this garbage on themselves and they deserve the misery and the mockery that is coming along with it...

Like him or not - AB is a self-made winner and I am predicting the raiders will have a better record than the Steelers this year! Lesson learned! Be careful who you sale your soul and hand over the keys of your organization to... They have been blindly loyal to Ben with all of his truck load of issues and allegations, happily gift-wrapped him three $100 million contracts and soon to hand over another... SMH - Quite a price to to have paid to have become the laughing stocks of the league.. Keep up the good work!
    By week#10, AB will be tearing down his relationship with Carr when he canít get the ball the way he used to. Our organization has problems but Willard you are kinda out there for me. Karma is a boomerang. We treated AB fine financially and gave him his money upfront.. we got burned. AB will get his; just be patient , weíll all see it.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    It’s the context. Saying “Ben and 52 kids” was the problem. That makes it sound like Ben is the father.
    Even AB hasn't fathered THAT many kids.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.