Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J. Samuels' role in '19

Starter

User Info Menu

His blocking has to improve dramatically.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    yes potentially to all of the above... with that being said... i hope we take a RB in round 3-4. A guy like montgomery or b.love would be a huge addition
    Agreed. I do like B.Love - my other RB is Benny Snell; He's a solid all-around runner, particularly between the tackles. One simply does not play for Kentucky and get THOSE kinds of stats in the SEC..
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He'll be in the rotation and get some reps but JC will get the lions share. A vet may be brought in or a mid rounder like Mike Weber will be added and get some reps to keep everyone fresh. As correctly mentioned by "Oh wowJ" JS will need to block better he had some ole' blocks his rookie year in pass pro.

Legend

User Info Menu

I really hope they don't run Conner into the ground as an every down back.
    I think Samuels can play every and any where on O.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Can he play cen... nevermind.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hear Samuels has been working out with AB. Seems that his chest has been increasing in circumference.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I hear Samuels has been working out with AB. Seems that his chest has been increasing in circumference.
    HahahahahahHa.. heaven help us!
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I really hope they don't run Conner into the ground as an every down back.
    thats why i hope we draft another stud RB. We dont need to make the same mistakes with conner that we did lev bell