Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J. Samuels' role in '19

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

J. Samuels' role in '19

Can he be our jack -of- all-trades in the offense. Split carries with Conner, our 3rd down back, our 2nd TE, split out as a slot Wr?

I really wonder, how Fichtner and Tomlin see him.

Did he made J.J. dispensable and if we are expecting more things from him.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

yes potentially to all of the above... with that being said... i hope we take a RB in round 3-4. A guy like montgomery or b.love would be a huge addition

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd like to see some packages with Conner and Samuels on the field together. I think the combo is a potential match up nightmare.

Administrator

User Info Menu

We should definitely add a TE
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

All of the above.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Starter

User Info Menu

Word is...Is he lost weight, and worked on his speed to become a better RB...At 240 in college he played TE, Fullback, H-Back, and Tailback...

I thought he looked pretty good for a Big Guy...Might even be better with a little more elusiveness and speed

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Definitely will need some sort of H-Back if we don't have a solid #2 TE in place or McD goes down (high possibility)

Larry Centers
    John L Williams
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Word is...Is he lost weight, and worked on his speed to become a better RB...At 240 in college he played TE, Fullback, H-Back, and Tailback...

I thought he looked pretty good for a Big Guy...Might even be better with a little more elusiveness and speed
    Look how much better Bell was after he lost weight after his rookie season
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    yes potentially to all of the above... with that being said... i hope we take a RB in round 3-4. A guy like montgomery or b.love would be a huge addition
    I will feel better if we draft Hockensen or Fant and add them to Samuels

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I will feel better if we draft Hockensen or Fant and add them to Samuels
    Agreed...To both posts...Still " think" we might go TE 1st pick...Use some of those other picks to move up to get that ILB also