Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We'll ultimately look back at 3/13/19 as a turning point for this team for the better

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    if we don't get everything we want in the draft we may very well sign another post-June 1 free agent or two...
    I could see that. Yeah; 3/13/19 will be a turning point. But maybe not in the way this thread has originally presented it though. Time will tell.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Iím anxious to see if losing our 2 best players makes us better.

We missed the playoffs last year without Bell.

I donít have a good feeling about it but thatís why we play the games.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Great post!!! agreed! go Steelers!!! Have the Steelers ready for preseason Tomlin! ....so you can have the team ready for regular season.....always for several years now this team looks rusty compared to other
    teams.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hopefully we get back to real preseason football and play our starters for a series in the first game.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Hopefully we get back to real preseason football and play our starters for a series in the first game.
    Yeah, but it would only take one injury for us to roast Tomlin for playing starters in a meaningless game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Like the Saints went into ď all in modeĒ when they went and got Devenport in last yearís draft. Iím waiting to see what we do in the draft before I make my official proclamation for the season.
    Folks here complain all the time about us using a first round pick on Bud Dupree. Well, New Orleans used TWO first round picks to obtain Marcus Davenport, and his rookie stat line appears to be very Dupree-like so far (22 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 2 passes defensed, and 1 forced fumble in 13 games played). For their sake, they better hope that they chose the right hand to go "all in" on.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Folks here complain all the time about us using a first round pick on Bud Dupree. Well, New Orleans used TWO first round picks to obtain Marcus Davenport, and his rookie stat line appears to be very Dupree-like so far (22 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 2 passes defensed, and 1 forced fumble in 13 games played). For their sake, they better hope that they chose the right hand to go "all in" on.
    Well said ... one of the best things about the Steelers management is they rarely panic. I think that will also be the case this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dupree has had a number of years..
    Davenport had one...

You can’t compare.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Dupree has had a number of years..
    Davenport had one...

You can’t compare.
    You can certainly compare Davenport's rookie season to Dupree's rookie season. And those two seasons are awfully similar.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

We don't care about the Saints
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.