Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We'll ultimately look back at 3/13/19 as a turning point for this team for the better

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    Nice post Ruthless. They do still have to play the games, right? Or are games just won and lost on paper?
    I don't know about you, But the Mill I work at...The Browns fans think they won the Super Bowl every March and April...So, You can just imagine how insufferable they are today

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Ruthless this was a thing of beauty. Got me out of retirement....for a moment. Thank you for this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    I don't know about you, But the Mill I work at...The Browns fans think they won the Super Bowl every March and April...So, You can just imagine how insufferable they are today
    We have a good mix of Steelers and Browns fans so it was actually a lot of fun at work today. lol
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Long live the Pittsburgh Steelers!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Nice post Ruthless

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    Nice post Ruthless. They do still have to play the games, right? Or are games just won and lost on paper?
    We have to play the games, but we're only playing for 2nd in the division. The Browns have already been crowned

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    We have to play the games, but we're only playing for 2nd in the division. The Browns have already been crowned

Be sure to remind Browns' fans that Winter Is Coming. No games are played in the springtime.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Tomlin: We can’t do this with hostages; we need volunteers
    By Charean Williams | Mar 25, 2019, 6:43 PM EDT

The Steelers traded Antonio Brown, and they lost Le'Veon Bell in free agency. Neither divorce was amicable.

Whether the Steelers are “better off” is yet to be determined, but at least one fact is undeniable: The two playmakers contributed a combined 2,409 touches for 19,322 yards and 116 touchdowns in their years in Pittsburgh.

“I think it has been highly chronicled, and I think it has been too chronicled,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Monday, via Mark Kaboly of TheAthletic.com. “Some things have been said that may or may not have been true. All I know is neither one of those guys are members of our team anymore.

“Relationships run their course, and the fact that neither one of them are here speaks to that.”

Tomlin said “there’s too much talk” about the players’ departures but understands winning football games is the only way to end that.

On March 10, the Steelers agreed to send Brown to the Raiders for third- and fifth-round picks. That seems hardly enough for one of the best players in football as the Pro Bowl receiver contributed 11,207 receiving yards and 74 touchdowns in his nine seasons in Pittsburgh.

But all good things must end, and after last season, Brown was ready for a new employer, and the Steelers were ready to be rid of the drama.

“We can’t do this with hostages, man. We need volunteers,” Tomlin said. “We need good players, good guys who want to be here and if guys can’t check those boxes, it’s probably best for all parties involved to go our separate ways.”

Brown complained often and loudly in the offseason about a lack of respect from the Steelers. Tomlin was asked about the belief that he treated Brown differently, which led to at least part of the fissure.

“I don’t know in what ways you are referring, but certainly I treat people fairly,” Tomlin said. “I don’t aspire to treat everybody exactly the same. That’s just the reality of how I function.”
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    This team better have a stellar draft or we will miss the playoffs again.

Most teams go all in when their Hall of Fame QB is a couple years from retirement.

This team loses all pros and their best coach (Munchek).
    Like the Saints went into “ all in mode” when they went and got Devenport in last year’s draft. I’m waiting to see what we do in the draft before I make my official proclamation for the season.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Like the Saints went into “ all in mode” when they went and got Devenport in last year’s draft. I’m waiting to see what we do in the draft before I make my official proclamation for the season.
    if we don't get everything we want in the draft we may very well sign another post-June 1 free agent or two...