Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chickillo

Legend

User Info Menu

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Steelers have made efforts to re-sign linebacker L.J. Fort today, per source. Fort has interest from other teams after 48 tackles and a sack as a linebacker on passing downs.

1h
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

Steelers have made efforts to re-sign linebacker L.J. Fort today, per source. Fort has interest from other teams after 48 tackles and a sack as a linebacker on passing downs.

1h
    What do we get in comp if they sign him?
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe with Porter gone he gets a chance to blossom. Porter was not a good coach.

funny how perceptions change after fans find out NE was after him......

Legend

User Info Menu

No doubt in my mind NE would have elevated his game to the next level.

Legend

User Info Menu

Im no Chickillo fan but i thought the same thing about Porter being gone...
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

just read where chick turned down an offer from the pats to stay with the black and gold. i have a feeling this team is gonna be very easy to root for this year!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    just read where chick turned down an offer from the pats to stay with the black and gold. i have a feeling this team is gonna be very easy to root for this year!
    Where can I buy his jersey??????

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Where can I buy his jersey??????
    Exactly... hope he elevates his game to the point that they are mass producing it soon! lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    You're not allowed to like this deal because he goes by Anthony and not Tony...
    Touche.

Legend

User Info Menu

New contract numbers for Anthony Chickillo and Jordan Berry show modest cap hits in year one

We take a look at the figures behind the deals signed by two returning players from 2018.

By Simon Chester
    Mar 15, 2019, 8:19am EDT

With the Pittsburgh Steelers seemingly signing players on a daily basis as of late, there is a constant stream of contract information to work through as the figures slowly emerge. On Thursday, it was the numbers for Anthony Chickillo and Jordan Berry that were the latest to hit the NFLPA contract database.

As per Steelers salary cap expert Ian Whetstone, Chickillo agreed to a deal worth a total of $8 million, one that also included a signing bonus worth $2.195M and a $500,000 roster bonus in 2020.

Looks like the contract for Steelers LB Anthony Chickillo includes a signing bonus of $2.195 million and a salary of $805,000 this year. Base salary in 2020 is $4.5 million. If reports of an $8M total value are accurate, could be a $500,000 roster bonus in 2020, as well.

— Ian Whetstone (@IanWhetstone) March 14, 2019
    Base salaries of just $805,000 this year and $4.5 million next season indicate a heavily backloaded deal, one that creates salary cap charges of $1,902,500 and $6,907,500 in the respective years. And while Chickillo will have a relatively minimal impact on the cap in 2019, the structure of his contract appears to suggest that there is a very good chance he will never see the second year of his deal.

•Base salary - $805,000
    •Prorated signing bonus - $1,097,500
    •Salary cap charge - $1,902,500

•Base salary - $4.5 million
    •Roster Bonus - $500,000
    •Prorated signing bonus - $1,097,500
    •Salary cap hit - $6,097,500

The contract that Berry has agreed to is even more team-friendly, worth a total of $3.7 million over two-years. A signing bonus worth $750,000 means the punter is far from guaranteed a roster spot once the regular season begins, and Berry’s new deal will cost the Steelers just $1.525 million against the cap this year, assuming he wins any camp battles.

Looks like the two-year contract for Steelers punter Jordan Berry includes a $750,000 signing bonus and base salaries of $1.15M this year and $1.8M next year. Cap hit of $1.525 million, this year. Pretty modest deal.

The $1.9M cash this year about matches what he got last year.

— Ian Whetstone (@IanWhetstone) March 14, 2019
    Considering that Chickillo and Berry are both coming off one-year contracts signed as restricted free agent in 2018 that accounted for $1.907 million in salary cap space, the fact that Pittsburgh have managed to retain each of them for less than they cost last year should be of some comfort to those who initially questioned the signings.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2019/3/15/18265706/new-contract-numbers-for-anthony-chickillo-and-jordan-berry-show-modest-cap-hits-in-year-one-nfl
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.