Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Obj

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Sounds like a WR to me.
    THAT is why you dont break the bank paying those self centered divas.

Legend

User Info Menu

Freddie Kitchens: Odell Beckham missed 'a lot' in OTAs

By Jeremy Bergman
    Around The NFL Writer
    Published: May 30, 2019

As organized team activities wrap up in Cleveland, Freddie Kitchens expressed Thursday that he wished new Browns receiver Odell Beckham Jr. had been around more.

OBJ has been absent for most of Cleveland's nine-day voluntary OTAs -- as is his right under the Collective Bargaining Agreement -- but Kitchens said that the wideout missed out on a bunch.

Asked what his goals are for Beckham when he likely returns for the team's mandatory minicamp next Tuesday, Kitchens said, "I just want to see him."

OBJ's missed "a lot," Kitchens added. "The offense."

The first-year head coach had previously expressed lenience toward Beckham's skipping voluntary workouts.

"There's no problem with Odell not being here," Kitchens said earlier this month. "I'd rather him be here. He's not here. It's voluntary. That's what the word voluntary means. He can decide to come or he can't.

"But under no circumstance am I going to say that I'm pissed off at Odell for not being here. He'll be ready to play and ultimately that's the only thing I want, for him to be ready to play when we start kicking off in September and he will be -- I promise you."

Odds are Beckham will show up ready to rock and Rolls Royce next week and everything will be copacetic in Cleveland beforce camp concludes.

But it's hard to blame Kitchens, a rookie coach trying to implement his offense with a renovated roster, for wanting the Browns' most dangerous addition to be around from start to finish.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001032392/article/freddie-kitchens-odell-beckham-missed-a-lot-in-otas

Legend

User Info Menu

You know who will be here shortly to defend OBJ's decision to skip OTA's
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Herd

"The Cleveland Browns got a real crisis on their hands... 75 days since the trade, he's been in Cleveland for three days. The coach is pissed and now he's going public with it."

Colin Cowherd on Freddie Kitchens calling out Odell Beckham Jr

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1...verage-NFL-Fan

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

What a dumb statement.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Baker Mayfield is also running his mouth in a GQ article bashing the Giants for picking Daniel Jones.

There is an awful lot of talk coming out of Cleveland for team that has not done a damn thing yet.

It's so nice to have a quiet camp focused solely on the on-field work while all of the drama resides in places like Oakland, Cleveland, and Dallas.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It's so nice to have a quiet camp focused solely on the on-field work while all of the drama resides in places like Oakland, Cleveland, and Dallas.
    I said last year that the drama that was thrust upon the Steelers and their fans would subside, but the effective changes caused by it would linger elsewhere.

In Dallas and San Diego, the Zeke and Gordon situations are being propelled by the fact that Bell sat out a year and the distraction attached to it.

In Cleveland, I still believe that OBJ was traded because the Giants saw what AB was doing and they decided to cut bait before the same thing happened there. They knew that they are not within a window to win soon, so a diva receiver brings no potential value. As much as people thought that New York made a bad trade, I loved it for them. OBJ is now proving to be someone else's headache.

Oakland - well, nothing needs to be said.

Jets - Bell goes and gets a smaller overall contract after sitting out a year, and is being coached by someone who supposedly didn't want him. That will boil over soon enough.

Pittsburgh - so quiet it's almost boring. Or at least it would be if the memory of last year wasn't still fresh.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I said last year that the drama that was thrust upon the Steelers and their fans would subside, but the effective changes caused by it would linger elsewhere.

In Dallas and San Diego, the Zeke and Gordon situations are being propelled by the fact that Bell sat out a year and the distraction attached to it.

In Cleveland, I still believe that OBJ was traded because the Giants saw what AB was doing and they decided to cut bait before the same thing happened there. They knew that they are not within a window to win soon, so a diva receiver brings no potential value. As much as people thought that New York made a bad trade, I loved it for them. OBJ is now proving to be someone else's headache.

Oakland - well, nothing needs to be said.

Jets - Bell goes and gets a smaller overall contract after sitting out a year, and is being coached by someone who supposedly didn't want him. That will boil over soon enough.

Pittsburgh - so quiet it's almost boring. Or at least it would be if the memory of last year wasn't still fresh.
    You just committed the "San Diego Chargers" penalty.

This is not subject to coach's challenge or booth review.

Fifteen yard penalty. Automatic first down.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

Amen to that!