Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Obj

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Will be interesting seeing if they Stain this up. ONJ is good but he is also a me first WR who can be a distraction.

Going on a yacht the weekend before a playoff game didn’t look too smart a few years back.

I still wonder how this team will do since they hired a guy who has never been a HC. I would’ve kept Gregg Williams since they played good ball down the stretch with him.

Should be a wide open AFCN this year.
    Yeah they got talent; but the head coach is a huge question mark. Talent isn’t enough... you have to have good coaching. That’s been my argument in other threads. With the fire under Tomlin’s feet now because he was not extended, let’s see what Tomlin does because Tomlin should be the better coach between he and Kitchens. Let’s see.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Yeah they got talent; but the head coach is a huge question mark. Talent isn’t enough... you have to have good coaching. That’s been my argument in other threads. With the fire under Tomlin’s feet now because he was not extended, let’s see what Tomlin does because Tomlin should be the better coach between he and Kitchens. Let’s see.
    Lots of talent now can the coach get them to play as a team, or is there going to be a bunch of players running around playing by their own rules?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Lots of talent now can the coach get them to play as a team, or is there going to be a bunch of players running around playing by their own rules?
    Prima donna diva wideouts would never do such a thing...right?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers, Browns have projected win totals of nine each
    By Mike Florio | Mar 31, 2019, 9:25 PM EDT

Vegas has spoken regarding the over-under projected win totals for the various NFL teams. In the AFC North, where the Browns are regarded as a slight favorite to win it all, the Browns and the Steelers have equal win totals of nine each.

Just behind the long-term ruler of the north and the new kids on the block are the Ravens, at 8.5. The Bengals are straggling, with six.

The Browns have become the darlings of the media, fueled by the trade that brought receiver Odell Beckham Jr. to Cleveland. But the Steelers continue to be highly talented and accomplished; from the rampant criticism of the organization, the coaching staff, and key players like Ben Roethlisberger to the potentially premature praise of the Browns, who haven’t been to the playoffs since 2002, the Steelers will be highly motivated in 2019.

Between the Browns and the Steelers, I’d lean toward Pittsburgh at this point. Based on the how the schedules are constructed and the always-unpredictable dynamic of injuries, I may lean even more heavily toward the Steelers later.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    sounds about right, after all Tomlin has never had a losing record.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    sounds about right, after all Tomlin has never had a losing record.
    No way! I'd never heard that

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers 'can't wait' to face OBJ twice a season

3:23 PM ET

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers are ready for the Odell Beckham challenge.

Starting cornerbacks Joe Haden and Steven Nelson have both expressed excitement to match up with the new Cleveland Brown twice a year.

"I can't wait, man," Haden told TMZ Sports. "You've got to go against the best to be the best."

Haden is going on his third season with Pittsburgh, but once faced Beckham in 2016 as a member of the Browns. Beckham spent his first four seasons with the New York Giants before the Browns acquired him at the start of free agency. He appeared with new teammates Baker Mayfield, Myles Garrett and Jarvis Landry in a press conference Monday.

Last month, Nelson had a press conference of his own in Pittsburgh after signing a three-year, $25.5 million deal with the Steelers.

He shared his desire to meet Beckham at the line of scrimmage.

"I welcome the challenge - twice a year, all year," Nelson said.

The Steelers have held their own against AFC North's reigning best receiver, Cincinnati Bengals wideout A.J. Green, who last recorded a 100-yard game on Pittsburgh's defense in 2015.

Beckham is the next threat, and Haden - who spent seven seasons in Cleveland - is eager to see what happens.

"I'm happy for Cleveland," Haden told TMZ. "Honestly, that's a great football city, they deserve everything. And Odell, that's one of my good friends. I know him personally. I think he's gonna bring a lot of flash and flair there. It's going to be good for them."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26424660/steelers-wait-face-obj-twice-season

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    By Mike Florio | Mar 31, 2019, 9:25 PM EDT

Vegas has spoken regarding the over-under projected win totals for the various NFL teams. In the AFC North, where the Browns are regarded as a slight favorite to win it all, the Browns and the Steelers have equal win totals of nine each.

Just behind the long-term ruler of the north and the new kids on the block are the Ravens, at 8.5. The Bengals are straggling, with six.

The Browns have become the darlings of the media, fueled by the trade that brought receiver Odell Beckham Jr. to Cleveland. But the Steelers continue to be highly talented and accomplished; from the rampant criticism of the organization, the coaching staff, and key players like Ben Roethlisberger to the potentially premature praise of the Browns, who haven’t been to the playoffs since 2002, the Steelers will be highly motivated in 2019.

Between the Browns and the Steelers, I’d lean toward Pittsburgh at this point. Based on the how the schedules are constructed and the always-unpredictable dynamic of injuries, I may lean even more heavily toward the Steelers later.
    I'd take the over on the Steelers.

I think that the Steelers get better bounces than last year and probably end up with an easier schedule.

I'm not sure what I'd do with the Browns. I think 9s a good pick. While the Browns added a lot of talent, I think it usually takes a season for players to really gel. Maybe I'll take the under here because it's the Browns and they historically don't live up to the hype (although things might be changing in Cle).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I'd take the over on the Steelers.

I think that the Steelers get better bounces than last year and probably end up with an easier schedule.

I'm not sure what I'd do with the Browns. I think 9s a good pick. While the Browns added a lot of talent, I think it usually takes a season for players to really gel. Maybe I'll take the under here because it's the Browns and they historically don't live up to the hype (although things might be changing in Cle).
    North, you KNOW I have thoughts on this but can I wait until after the draft?

If I seem tickled it's because I am because Cap said I have Black & Gold glasses on. I swear I"ve been accused of one extreme to the other. That cracked me up.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 04-02-2019 at 05:22 PM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Browns OK with Beckham being in and out of offseason workouts

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 3, 2019, 6:38 AM EDT

Odell Beckham Jr. arrived with great fanfare (and with an ugly hat on) Monday for the start of the Browns offseason program.

Then he left.

But Browns coach Freddie Kitchens said he wasn’t worried that his new wide receiver wasn’t going to be an every-day participant in their program which kicked off this week.

Kitchens said he understood that would be the case shortly after Beckham was acquired in a trade with the Giants.

“Like I told you guys a couple of weeks ago, Odell did not know where he was going to be,” Kitchens said. “He did not know that he was going to be in Cleveland up until three weeks ago now. He has some things to tie up, but he thought that it was important enough to be here today so he was here for his teammates, for himself and for his coaches and things like that. My hat is off to him. He told me something a couple of weeks ago, and he made it work. He had to go through some hoops to get here, but it was important enough for him to be here. . . .

“We do not really know specifics right now, but he will not be here continually right now. He will be back and forth, but he has some things he has to tie up, and we are getting all of that in order now.”

Beckham was in Europe when the trade happened on March 12, and just got back in the country recently. Had be stayed with the Giants, his program wasn’t going to start until April 15, but wanted to show up for the first day of school (and the press conference and a chance to put on a better-looking hat).

“That was Odell’s [choice]. This is all voluntary,” Kitchens said. “I did not encourage anything. Odell knows what is at stake. He knows what he needs to be here for. Do not take offense to this, the media is never going to form a line in the sand between me and a player or a player and his teammates. This is strictly voluntary. If we wanted to critique people for not coming and coming, then we should make it mandatory as a league. It is not mandatory. As far as like, would I hold a grudge if he is not going to come? No, I would not. There is never going to be a line drawn in the sand from the media in any instance with any player of mine.”

Beckham was also a sometimes-attender when he was with the Giants. In 2017, he spent most of the time training on his own in Los Angeles, arriving for the mandatory minicamp. Last year, he showed up for the start of coach Pat Shurmur’s program, but was then in and out.

The workouts are voluntary and coaches can’t compel guys to show up. But having Beckham on hand Monday helped create some excitement, which the Browns hope carries over.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/03/browns-ok-with-beckham-being-in-and-out-of-offseason-workouts/